Get Upskilled with a part-time Mixed Reality Design course
Learn fundamental Mixed Reality skills in a convenient, part-time course.
Mixed Reality technology combines Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality to create new environments and visualisations, and transform the way we experience the world.
Learn from leading practitioners
As industry-leading practitioners, our Mixed Reality Design instructors will teach you current and in-demand skills.
Get hands-on with a real project
Start your MR portfolio with a real project where you can implement the skills you’ve learned immediately.
Build a reputable network
Join our tight-knit community of industry influencers and build a network of professional connections.
Connect with the industry
Expect dedicated career guidance, access our industry hiring partners, and find your future employment in MR Design.
This course is for
- Anyone interested in learning more about MR — there are no prerequisites for this course
- Developers and designers with a keen interest in new MR technologies
- Designers passionate about creating game experiences
- Creatives curious about the possibilities of MR
- Animators and 3D artists that want to discover how to design an MR experience
- Film and videographers that want to explore new formats of storytelling
- Entrepreneurs looking to employ MR as a medium to solve existing problems
- Industry professionals interested in disruptive technologies like MR
Our alumni are working with some of the best
Complement Your CareerWhether you’re looking to upskill in Mixed Reality Design or pivot into a new career, get industry-recognised skills at Academy Xi.
Get up close and personal with inspiring mentors
Put theory into practice with a hands-on project
Join a small sized class and learn in a community of go-getters
What you'll Learn
Request a course guide todayExpress your interest and our friendly Course Advisors will send a copy of the course guide your way!
We’re in the business of equipping the next wave of digital professionals with practical, innovative and transformational skills. At the end of your course, you can expect to:
- Learn the fundamentals of Mixed, Virtual, and Augmented Reality
- Explore the past, present, and future of Mixed Reality technology
- Understand how to build game engines and avatars
- Learn story and world building principles
- Use Vuforia to place a 3D character on a trigger, and an unmarked real-world surface
- Get foundational skills in registration and tracking, software architecture, mobile, camera technology, and virtual overlay
- Develop key frameworks in 3D, image registration, fiducial markers, and more
- Explore cutting-edge tools in the MR industry such as Unity 3D, Vuforia, Microsoft HoloLens, and more
VR Developer at Pernickety Split
Head of Innovation at Auggd
VR/AR Designer and Technical Artist
Bachir El Khoury
Augmented Reality Designer and Director of Limpid Logic
Senior Immersive Experience Designer at PHORIA
Mixed Reality Producer and Director at LN_TAO