Product Managers are in high industry demand as they are a vital component of any organisation’s success. The founders of Apple, Google, eBay, FedEx and Amazon have shaped their early careers in this field.
This course is ideal if you’re curious about this in-demand discipline and want to quench your curiosity by learning its fundamentals.
Learn on your terms:
- Fully flexible and self-paced course
- Learn at your own pace, anytime, anywhere
- Browse material on our engaging learning platform
- Optional reading and activities to cement your learning
Packed with industry-relevant content:
- 30 hours of content and activities
- Dynamic and engaging content, full of rich media assets
- Premium material built in-house by experts
- Receive an industry-recognised Certificate of Completion
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Work on various activities throughout the course
- Create assets for a new digital product or service
- Build, present and get your project presentation assessed
It will take you approximately 30 hours to complete the topics, activities, and project preparation.
What you'll learn
Understand the Product Management landscape and how it is critical to the success of any digital product or service, no matter the size of the company or the industry:
- What a Product Manager does
- Understanding your company
- Product Management lifecycle: Development, introduction, growth, maturity and decline
- Product development process
A Product Manager must be able to work with and lead a team. Discover how to effectively manage processes and stakeholders across multiple departments:
- Players and personalities
- Working with Engineers and Designers
- Understanding team technology: APIs, tech stacks, frameworks, Agile, Lean and Waterfall
Understand the problem you want to solve down to its core, and investigate what your customers’ needs, wants, and motivations are to create a product your audience will value:
- Problem framing and problem statements
- Double Diamond
- Research and understanding data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Talking to your customers
Explore storytelling techniques that will allow you to clearly articulate and evangelise your vision for the product, its roadmap, and get all stakeholders to buy into it:
- Effective communication skills
- Presenting and storytelling
- Influencing others and getting buy-in
Build wireframes and oversee the product design phase to provide customers with a digital product or service that is functional, useful, and visually appealing:
- The design process
- Hypothesis and experiments
- Storyframing and wireframing
Define your plan of action to lead and coordinate the processes, relationships and strategy of a digital product or service:
- Product strategy
- Product roadmap
Make sound decisions backed by data to deliver business value and learn about:
- Market size and estimations
- Financial statements
- Funding and investor reports
Explore key Agile methodologies and familiarise yourself with the indispensable tools of Product Management to hit the ground running and meet cost and time constraints:
- Tools of a Product Manager
- Development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum)
- Product documentation/SOPs
Discover the key steps to launch your product, craft a strong messaging and grow you user base:
- Product messaging
- Go to market and launch
- Product improvements and opportunities
- Product growth
Analyse key metrics to assess the results and define data-driven and actionable next steps:
- Product Management metrics
- Decommissioning products: knowing when to retire products and features
Curate your final artefacts from the course activities to demonstrate your Product Management knowledge and skills. Your mentor will review your project presentation and provide structured feedback.
Who this course is for
There are no prerequisites required for this course. It is ideal for:
- Students who want to learn the basics of Product Management concepts, frameworks and tools
- Students interested in a fully flexible short-course, where they can learn independently and at their own pace
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2568 students.
“This course was honestly one of the best courses I have had the pleasure of attending in my entire learning career”
This course was honestly one of the best courses I have had the pleasure of attending in my entire learning career. Not a day goes by in my job when I am given a task and I think to myself "I can do that because we covered this thoroughly in the course! Within 4 weeks of working in my new job, I have been promoted to full-time Product Manager. I don't think I could have come this far this quickly without your support and guidance across the course, and your assistance in giving me a strong theoretical and practical foundation.
“Academy Xi helped me overcome education paradigms”
When you’re new in a city like I was, you’d normally have to put a lot of extra effort in traditional education. Academy Xi helped me overcome education paradigms. They’ve provided me with knowledge, a network and gave me great industry insights. I am very grateful to be an Alumni.
“gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me”
I found the online course with Academy Xi easy to access both on my laptop, iPad and Google Pixel. This gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me. I really enjoyed the quality of the content, videos tutorials were relevant and engaging. I walked away with new skills that will help my professional development.
“I can highly recommend Academy Xi and have become a massive fan of what they are achieving”
I can highly recommend Academy Xi and have become a massive fan of what they are achieving. The advice I would give to anyone thinking about taking the leap and changing their career/life is: your attitude that will determine your outcome. If you go in with an open mind and positive determination you will succeed.
“The courses were an adventure and investment in my development”
Always friendly and welcoming! The community at Academy Xi and the environment they create for learning and expanding your horizons is exactly what is needed when you are looking to gain new skills. The courses were an adventure and investment in my development I'll always value and have gained immensely from.