I can highly recommend Academy Xi and have become a massive fan of what they are achieving. The advice I would give to anyone thinking about taking the leap and changing their career/life is: your attitude will determine your outcome. If you go in with an open mind and positive determination you will succeed. Thank you Academy Xi for successfully helping me to achieve my new career/future.
Contact us to discuss discounts and flexible payment options
Co-created with industry experts:
Enhance your expertise and raise your professional profile with an in-demand Product Management skillset.
Because Product Managers play a pivotal role in an organisation’s success, they are in high demand and also one of the tech industry’s highest earners.*
This online course equips you with the latest Product Management strategies and techniques, enabling you to effectively carry a product through the phases of research, design, development, test and launch.
- Premium material built in-house, with inputs from industry experts working at MYOB, PwC and Deloitte
- Approximately 60-80 hours of learning with 6 months’ access
- Understand what your customers really want, and ship better designed and higher performing products
- Dual focus on both product strategy and day-to-day product management skills
- Hear real battle stories, case studies and tips from practising Product Managers
- Gain the leadership and persuasion skills expected of today’s Product Managers
Hands on learning:
- Get practical experience that you can immediately use in your job
- Complete hands-on activities in each module
- Build your product backlog in Jira, create user stories and complete a simulated Agile sprint challenge
- Challenge 1: Improve an existing real-world product based on a scenario and real usage data
- Challenge 2: Create a product strategy for a new digital product of your choice
Study at your own pace:
- Have the freedom to plan and build your development around life’s other commitments
- With no classes or set deadlines, this course is perfect if you are juggling study with a full-time job
- Complete the course on a schedule that’s convenient for you – within a few weeks, or over the full six months
Expert guidance and support:
- Though you’ll go through the course at your own pace, you’ll never be alone
- Book up to twelve 1:1 sessions with your subject matter Xi Expert and discuss course material, get personalised feedback and consult over project decisions
- Get support from a Study Coach who will help you plan your progress, keep motivated and answer any study-related questions
Easy-to-use online learning platform:
- Access course content through our easy to use online learning platform, powered by NovoEd
- It makes learning interactive and engaging, with content designed to read like a story for a seamless experience
- Your online campus also makes it possible to connect with, and learn from, other students who may be studying the course
Earn trusted and recognised credentials:
- Get a Certificate of Completion to validate your competencies and skills in Product Management
- Add an industry trusted digital credential to your LinkedIn profile
*Source: SimpliLearn, 2021
You’ll have 6 months access to all course materials, enabling you to study at your own pace and fit your development around your busy lifestyle. Complete the course in a few weeks, or over the full 6 months – it’s up to you.
The course content takes approximately 60-80 hours. This timeframe includes working through the learning materials, tackling the course activities, finishing your assessments, creating and presenting your final project, and communicating with your Xi Expert.
What you'll learn
Investigate the first stage of any successful product – identifying opportunities. Strategically understand the organisation, its goals and where it fits in the marketplace. Analyse existing products, finding opportunities for improvement and understanding what makes a great product.
- Who are you?
- What are you trying to do?
- Where do you fit?
- Analysing existing products
- Creating great products
- Opportunity hypothesis
- Strategically understand the organisation
- Analyse existing products and customer data
- Create an opportunity hypothesis
Examine methods of validating your opportunity hypothesis, along with working to define and communicate your product vision, product requirements and high-level strategy.
- Basic user research
- Personas & journey maps
- User scenarios
- Financial modelling
- Analysing risk
- Defining product requirements
- Create a basic lean canvas
- Validate your opportunity hypothesis
- Define objectives/KPIs
- Create a product vision & high-level roadmap
Explore how products are designed using Human-Centred Design (HCD) principles. Specifically, you will go through the process of a Google Design Sprint (Understand, Define, Sketch, Decide, Prototype, Validate).
- Designing Digital Products
- Design Roles and Processes
- Defining Product Requirements
- The Customer Journey
- User Scenarios
- Google Design Sprints
- UX and Usability
- Low Fidelity Concepts & Wireframes
- Create a ‘lean’ product requirement document (PRD)
- Simulate a micro design sprint
- Create a customer journey & user scenarios
- Create a ‘Back of the Napkin’ Low Fidelity Concept
The first of a 2-module section centered around product development in a digital team, you will look at applying the Agile Scrum methodology to product development and use Jira to create roadmaps, product backlogs and sprint boards.
- Developing digital products
- Product Development methodologies
- Building an MVP
- Using Jira
- Acceptance Criteria + The Definition of Done
- The Backlog, Prioritisation and Refinement
- Create a delivery plan
- Design a roadmap & product backlog in Jira
The second of the 2-module section centered around product development, you will focus on working with remote and on-site tech teams, technical literacy & concepts for product managers, along with the quality assurance (QA) and deployment process.
- Working with Tech teams
- Working with Remote teams
- Tech concepts for product managers
- Backlog prioritisation & refinement
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Retrospectives & release
- Complete an Agile Sprint simulation challenge
This module is centered around your product’s go-to-market strategy. This includes developing your strategy for messaging, channels, audience, tactics, along with planning your pre-launch phase.
- Customer lifecycle
- Behavioural psychology
- Marketing strategy
- Marketing channels
- Product messaging
- A/B testing
- Betas and limited roll outs
- Client onboarding & training
- Launching your products
- Complete a micro go-to-market strategy
Discover how to manage products post-launch with an important focus on evaluation of the overall process from measuring success through to dealing with customer complaints, as well as looking ahead to improving the product.
- Measuring success
- Using analytics and data
- Post-launch planning
- Continuous improvement
- Building customer relationships
- Customer support
- Dealing with negative feedback & complaints
- Complete post-launch scenario challenges
Circling back to Modules 2 & 3 with a deeper focus on more advanced topics. You will be applying your strategic knowledge to ideating new products rather than iterating and improving on existing ones.
- Investigating market trends & gaps
- Generative & evaluative research
- Recruiting users for research
- Interviewing skills
- Complete initial research for a new product of your choice
Time to cover a number of technical, financial and quantitative skills that are relevant to Product Managers.
- Financial modelling
- Managing budgets
- Analysing data
- Continue with the strategy development for your new product
Learn how to lead and influence stakeholders to ensure your product is set up for success. Tapping into emotional intelligence and leveraging powers of persuasion are often how you will get things done, rather than via direct hierarchical power from your position.
- Leadership skills
- Cross-team collaboration
- Stakeholder management
- Product Storytelling
- Presentation Skills
- How to future-proof yourself as a Product Manager
- How to land a Product Manager job
- Prepare and submit a presentation about your strategy & new product
- Receive structured feedback from your course expert
Please note some topics and activities are subject to change, based on continuous improvements suggested by our industry expert consultants.
Who this course is for
If you’re keen to study flexibly online and develop your Product Management skills at your own pace, then this is the course for you.
Our Product Management: Elevate Self-Paced course is designed for ambitious students, ideally with existing experience performing in a digital team. It’s a perfect fit for a range of professionals, including:
- Product Managers who were never formally trained and would like to fill knowledge gaps
- Traditional Product Managers looking to get up-to-date with the latest digital product management terminology, processes and cloud-based tools
- Junior or Associate Product Managers seeking a promotion
- Product or digital team members (product owners, developers, UX or SD designers) looking to gain strategic skills to step up into a PM role
- Entrepreneurs wanting to develop and/or launch their own digital products.
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi scored 5 out of 5, as rated by our students.
“Thank you Academy Xi for successfully helping me to achieve my new career/future.”
“Academy Xi gave me the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected!”
Dennii Lee Stanbridge
Academy Xi gave me the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected! I wouldn't be where I am without the Academy Xi tribe putting me in the firing line of opportunities I may not have dared for myself. Be prepared to work hard. Accept and push through the moments of uncertainty, doubt and overwhelm. Surrender to and trust the process.
“Academy Xi helped me overcome education paradigms”
When you’re new in a city like I was, you’d normally have to put a lot of extra effort in traditional education. Academy Xi helped me overcome education paradigms. They’ve provided me with knowledge, a network and gave me great industry insights. I am very grateful to be an Alumni.
“gained real-world exposure of what it’s like to be a Product Manager”
Thanks to the mentorship from experienced professionals, I’ve been able to work in Product Management and gained real-world exposure of what it’s like to be a Product Manager.
“The instructors were great in providing the foundation, theory, and real-world examples”
The instructors were great in providing the foundation, theory, and real-world examples of Product Management. Working across theory and practical examples gave me a good perspective of how Product Management can be used.
“This course was honestly one of the best courses I have had the pleasure of attending in my entire learning career”
This course was honestly one of the best courses I have had the pleasure of attending in my entire learning career. Not a day goes by in my job when I am given a task and I think to myself "I can do that because we covered this thoroughly in the course! Within 4 weeks of working in my new job, I have been promoted to full-time Product Manager. I don't think I could have come this far this quickly without your support and guidance across the course, and your assistance in giving me a strong theoretical and practical foundation.
“Brilliant and extensive course materials and references, a diverse selection of videos from experienced practicing product managers”
A really fantastic course. Brilliant and extensive course materials and references, a diverse selection of videos from experienced practicing product managers. The mentor, also an experienced practicing Product Manager, was able to bring additional context to the group discussions and provide valuable feedback on work submitted.