24 weeks, part-time
1 Aug 2022 - 19 Jan 2023
Real client projects & career support
Land a job in Digital Marketing and transform your future with this innovative and career-focussed course.
Australian recruiters report that employment demand for Digital Marketers far outweighs the supply, with over 61,000 roles on offer each year. This comprehensive online course will equip you with the full spectrum of theoretical and practical skills required in a well-rounded Digital Marketer.
Get job-ready with Career Support:
- Enter the course as a beginner and get job-ready after graduation
- Master the full spectrum and theoretical and practical skills
- 24 weeks of personalised career support, guidance and advice
- Expand your Digital Marketing network and be part of an active community
Earn trusted and recognised credentials:
- 4 world-recognised Certifications from Facebook** and Google
- Our courses are trusted by employers and organisations around Australia
- Receive an industry-recognised digital credential and Certificate
A truly comprehensive and supported online course:
- Hundreds of hours of content and activities along 24 weeks
- Up to date with the latest platforms and tools
- Weekly live video sessions with your mentor and classmates
- Unlimited 1:1 sessions with your mentor for tailored support
- Learn on our state of the art learning platform
Get the practical experience employers are looking for:
- Forget case studies: work on two real, live client projects
- Manage stakeholders and deadlines – just like you would in a real job
- Build your professional portfolio
A highly collaborative and interactive learning environment:
- Replicate the collaborative approach of a real Digital Marketing job
- Cohort-based to connect with classmates, grow together and make lifelong friends
- Delve into specific topics and ask questions to your mentor in live video sessions
**Facebook Certification is optional and additional fees apply to it
PHASE 1: LEARN AND PRACTICE (WEEK 1 to 12)
Go through learning materials, complete practical activities and interact with peers and mentor
PHASE 2: real CLIENT PROJECTS (WEEKS 13 to 24)
Work in groups to create a Digital Marketing strategy that increases brand awareness. Building artefacts for your portfolio
Work in groups to develop an optimisation strategy that increases awareness and conversions
PHASE 3: CAREER SUPPORT (FROM WEEK 25)
Build your job search strategy, create a powerful CV and practice for interviews
What you'll learn
Overview of the Digital Marketing landscape:
- What is digital marketing and how companies use it to achieve objectives
- The history and evolution of Marketing into Digital Marketing
- Overview of Digital Marketing channels
- Key Marketing principles
Paid search – SEM/PPC
- Understand the key aspects of the Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising model and how Search Engine Marketing (SEM) works to increase your visibility on search engine results and drive more leads to your website
Organic search – SEO
- Understand the key aspects of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Google ranking algorithm to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results
- Learn to maximise your SEO efforts by using industry standard tools
Google Ads Display
- Learn how to build coherent Digital Marketing strategies, reach new customers, and develop effective campaigns that increase awareness, consideration, and retention using Google Display
Google Ads Search
- Leverage automated solutions like smart bidding and audiences to boost campaign performance
Social media marketing channels
- Understand the different communication platforms available and their functionality both individually and when used in combination
Paid social media marketing
- Learn best practice and strategies to reach prospects and customers on social media platforms
- Understand how to build a strategy tailored to your needs based on how platforms operate, what to spend, and how to measure results
Organic social media marketing
- Learn techniques to gain traction organically, without spend and boost your engagement, acquisition and conversion
- Learn how to drive awareness and leads by advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Messenger
- Explore the different Facebook ad types and targeting options
- Understand how to run campaigns, measure campaign results and control your budget
Programmatic display advertising
- Understand programmatic advertising and real-time bidding
- Leverage algorithm-based technology to buy digital advertising space on display ad networks
- Identify common types of ad placements
- Explore techniques to get the most accurate ad placements in the fastest time at the best price
Video display advertising
- Leverage YouTube ads to reach more customers
- Learn best practice in the deployment of video ad placements
- Understand who your most valuable customers are and reach them with relevant and effective messages
Email marketing and automation
- Identify how automation is a key tool for all Digital Marketers
- Learn tools and techniques used in email marketing campaigns
- Gain an understanding of automated email marketing
- Learn techniques to rapidly build your mailing list and gain insights into list segment management
- Learn how to use content to maximise growth and brand awareness
- Understand the key principles of planning, creating and distributing digital content
- Learn how to work with partners and leverage third-party publishers to increase traffic and leads to your business
Pass your Certifications for:
- Google Ads Display
- Google Ads Search
- Google YouTube Ads
- Facebook Digital Marketing Associate*
*Facebook Certification is optional and additional fees apply to it.
Get a solid understanding of the product, business and customer
- Marketing funnel and customer stages
- Customer research and customer journey
- Competitor and market research
- Product research
- Using channels for different funnel stages
Explore the key role of UX in Digital Marketing
- UX practices – double diamond method
- Website design – best practices for Digital Marketing
- Landing pages best practice and optimisation methods to increase conversion
- Mobile vs desktop
How to build a successful, end-to-end, campaign strategy
- Setting success metrics and objectives
- Multi-channel engagement tactics
- Targeting and retargeting tactics
- Brand and product strategy
- Workflows and sequencing
- Project management for Digital Marketing
Craft compelling content for your campaign
- Content production – copywriting, layouts and design
- Keywords and SEO
- Structuring and sequencing Digital Marketing assets
- Brand style and consistency
Leverage the power of data
- Collect and collate performance data
- Observe and interpret Digital Marketing data
- Create reports for the purpose of optimisation
- A/B testing and other optimisation tactics
- Excel hacks and practical skills
Polish your soft skills:
- Presentation skills – visual, verbal and written
- Communicating effectively your approach, strategy and campaign assets to stakeholders
- Understand how presentation and visualisation skills can help you gain stakeholders’ buy-in
- Presenting Digital Marketing collateral
Work in groups to solve Digital Marketing challenges for two real, live clients, applying your new-found skills and building your portfolio.
First, you’ll develop a strategy, campaign tactics, channel recommendations and implementation plan to build brand awareness for a small startup business with little to no existing digital presence.
On the second project, you will create an optimisation strategy for a small to medium-size business with an existing digital footprint. You will conduct research and offer tactics to increase brand or product awareness and conversion rates.
Career support program
Once the client projects are completed, it’s all about landing you that dream Digital Marketing role! At this point of your learning journey, you’ll have the skills and practical experience – all that’s left is to craft your career narrative.
With the Career Support Program, you’ll receive comprehensive career guidance and support. You’ll undertake activities including but not limited to the following:
- Finesse: Add polish to your Portfolio, CV and LinkedIn creating a coherent career narrative
- Practice: Hone your soft skills, such as interview and presentation techniques.
- Search: Build your network within the industry and apply for your dream roles.
Who this course is for
There are no prerequisites required for this course. This course is specifically designed for students aspiring to land a coveted role in Digital Marketing. It is ideal for:
- Anyone looking for a career change
- Students who want to acquire a job quickly without going to uni/college
- Traditional Marketers, Digital Marketers, Content Marketers or Communication professionals who want to upskill
- Entrepreneurs, startup founders, small businesses owners who need to launch or grow their business
- Students who want a highly supported experience with weekly video sessions
After graduating from our Digital Marketing Transform course, you can apply for jobs such as:
- Beginner to mid-level Digital Marketer
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Community Manager
- Content Manager
- Social Media Marketer
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students work with the best
Hear from our Digital Marketing Transform student, Olivia Bowden’s experience with how the course helped her to take control of her career.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi scored 5 out of 5, as rated by our students.
“It was great how hands-on the course was and not like a theory uni course that went on too long”
I came from a background of commercial photography, art direction and tech development for photography. I had worked on bringing the marketing to life and also then started helping develop the concepts and projects and I realised I loved marketing strategy.
I wanted to move into the bigger picture and help small to medium businesses to help them streamline their brand and marketing, as I noticed so many didn't have a grasp on new tech and how they can still be an agile player.
What a found is there was a lot of additional tech and date knowledgeable I was missing to support my creative experience. I was learning as I went which was ok but I wanted to be able to walk into he room with more knowledge and the ability to explain and be more effective and know what was possible. The XI course fit into my week and to support and help my clients as I went.
It was a lot of content to take in but straight away I found it useful. It was great how hands-on the course was and not like a theory uni course that went on too long. Sasha was a brilliant mentor and teacher. I definitely found the first half the best for me and I am using the content every day - I love how I get to help people both creatively and technically.
“trust your gut, take the plunge and hit enrol. It is all worth it!”
I'm glad I took the plunge to enrol in the Digital Marketing course through Academy Xi. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I wish I could redo the last 6 months and all the Mondays spent learning with my mentor and classmates. It is truly a great learning experience. The course was very meaty and full of valuable information fit to equip a beginner like me, who is new to Digital Marketing topics. Although it felt intense in the first few weeks, our mentor Sasha made the content and concepts easy to digest. She was very approachable and patient - we all love her! Learning the theories was fun, but diving into the second phase of the course was the most exciting and also my favourite part. Working in teams and directly applying what we learned into real client projects was the best part for me. It helped me understand the concepts further. My one great tip to future students out there - trust your gut, take the plunge and hit enrol. It is all worth it!
“It has set me up perfectly to take up this new challenge and get “on the tools” straight away”
The driver for me was to help future-proof my career. As I now move into a marketing role, my decision to take on such an intensive program feels validated. It has set me up perfectly to take up this new challenge and get “on the tools” straight away.
“Our motel is up on average 70% growth in only one year”
My mentor Jillian was the highlight, making this one of the best courses I’ve attended. I really valued the 1:1 sessions where I could bounce ideas off her, specific to marketing my family’s hospitality business. While doing the course I’ve been implementing website changes and putting my digital marketing strategy into action. Our motel is up on average 70% growth in only one year. The restaurant revenue has also increased by 70%.
The impacts from the digital marketing changes on the bottom line of the business have been huge.