16 weeks, part-time
7 Feb 2022 - 27 May 2022
Graphic Design Courses
Academy Xi has leveraged curriculum from New York based tech education provider, Flatiron School, to bring you the Front-End Web Development: Transform course.
Flatiron School has an impressive track record of delivering quality education for 8+ years. They have successfully graduated over 2,500 students and have won multiple awards for their proprietary tech education programs.
With curriculum built by Flatiron School, the Front-End Web Development: Transform course from Academy Xi is designed to completely transform your career, teaching in-demand practical skills that will enable you to land a job in the tech industry.
Web developers are one of the most in-demand roles that Australian IT Managers are struggling to fill. With the sheer number of developers needed to serve the millions of websites and digital services offered by modern companies, the very real need for web developers continues to skyrocket. With 27% of web developer roles still unfilled after 60 days, this commercially tested and job-ready training can enable you to have your pick of some amazing roles and transform your future.*
Why study this course with us?
Career Support Program:
- Enter the course a beginner and get job-ready by graduation
- 24 weeks of personalised employment support and career guidance
- Expand your front-end web development network and join an active community
A truly comprehensive and supported online course:
- Build a strong foundation in Front-End Web Development principles with 320 hours of learning
- Learn highly sought-after front-end development skills
- 2 weekly live video sessions with your Mentor and cohort to cement learning and ask questions
- Personalised, unlimited 1:1 support from your Mentor
- Powered by Canvas, the world’s largest learning management system
Get the practical experience employers are looking for:
- Spend over 50% of your time coding, with a variety of practice labs (coding exercises)
- Get hands-on learning with two personal capstone projects
- Build an active GitHub profile as you work through the course, to showcase your coding skills to employers
- Get the opportunity to showcase your final project solution to a panel of industry experts
- Prove you can talk tech by building, then writing and maintaining your own technical blog
- Receive trusted, industry-recognised credentials from Academy Xi
A highly collaborative and interactive learning environment:
- Replicate the collaborative approach of a real Front-End Web Development job by working with peers on your client project
- Cohort-based learning to connect with classmates, grow together and make lifelong friends
- Delve into specific topics and ask questions of your experienced Mentor during live video sessions
What you’ll learn
Our curriculum is designed to give students the necessary expertise in front-end programming technologies.
Learn the fundamentals of programming and get a feel for HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web.
- Local environment setup – CLI, terminal, and tools we’ll use
- Introduction to programming
- HTML: building accessible websites
- CSS: styling websites
- The relationship between HTML and CSS
- The Document Object Model (DOM) API
- HTTP response/request cycle
Embark on your first major project:
- Write industry related content to publish
- Receive mentor feedback
- Introduction to React – components, props and state
- Component lifecycle
- React events
- Asynchronous react
- Client-side routing
Develop your final personal project, to show off the best side of your new skillset and help land that first front-end web development role.
- Define an appropriate project concept
- Design, create and publish a React application with content dynamically populated from a public API
- Demonstrate your solution to a panel of industry experts, your mentor and your peers
- Receive structured feedback
Career support program
Once the client project is completed, it’s all about landing that dream Front-End Development role! At this point of your learning journey, you’ll have the skills and practical experience – all that’s left is to craft your career narrative.
You’ll receive comprehensive career guidance and advice from our dedicated Career Support Team to help you achieve your post-course goals. You’ll undertake activities including but not limited to the following:
- Finesse: Add polish to your Portfolio, CV and LinkedIn creating a coherent career narrative
- Practice: Hone your soft skills, such as interview and presentation techniques
- Search: Build your network within the industry and apply for your dream roles.
Note: This 24-week career support program is optional, but highly recommended if you’re looking to secure employment post-graduation.
Who this course is for
This course is suitable for anyone looking to transition fast into the tech industry as a Front-End Engineer or Web Developer. If you are creative, detail-oriented, love logical problem solving and have an interest in tech and programming, this is the career change for you. Those interested in this course may include:
- Career changers who are currently working in an unrelated field and want to future proof their careers with in-demand skills
- Those working in tech-adjacent roles who want to upskill and broaden their opportunities in a fully technical role
- People re-entering the workforce after a break and looking to retrain
- Those wanting to start their own tech ventures and need some experience prior
Graduates of this course and our Career Support program can expect to land junior or entry-level tech roles, including but not limited to:
- Front-end Engineer
- Web Developer
- Front-End Developer
- HTML/CSS Developer
- UI or Site Developer
Some students are keen to launch their own business or tech startup right after graduating. However, we recommend spending 1-2 years working in a junior role, gaining on-the-job experience prior to embarking on your own business. Learning from Senior Developers and understanding how to build applications that scale is invaluable experience and can have a big impact on the success of your venture.
We know that signing up for a rigorous course online can be daunting, but trust us, you’re in safe hands!
Academy Xi’s Front-end Web Development: Transform course leverages Flatiron School’s robust curriculum.
Headquartered in New York, Flatiron School brings over 8 years of experience creating tech courses that are industry-aligned, and that equip graduates with in-demand tech skills.
- USA-based leader in tech training
- 8+ years experience
- Industry-vetted curriculum
- Relevant technical skills
- Award winning proprietary programs
delivery & outcomes
Academy Xi’s immaculate reputation for delivering industry-recognised training in Australia, local networking opportunities and impressive 90% graduate job offer rate ensures that you’re set up for success.
- Australian owned and operated
- 5 years delivering job-ready training
- Local industry connections
- Graduate Outcomes Program
- 90% graduate offer rate
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students’ success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2565 students.
“the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected!”
Dennii Lee Stanbridge
Academy Xi gave me the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected! I wouldn't be where I am without the Academy Xi tribe putting me in the firing line of opportunities I may not have dared for myself.
“gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me”
I found the online course with Academy Xi easy to access both on my laptop, iPad and Google Pixel. This gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me. I really enjoyed the quality of the content, videos tutorials were relevant and engaging. I walked away with new skills that will help my professional development.