What is Digital Badging?
We are committed to providing you with the tools necessary to achieve your professional goals and we understand that communicating your credentials in an ever-expanding online marketplace can be challenging.
That is why we have partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide you with a digital version of your credentials.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media too. This digital image contains verified metadata that describes your qualifications and the process required to earn them.
Partnering with Credly
We partner with Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Our credentials are highly-visual – ideal for sharing on social media and your CV, offering owners the opportunity to prove their knowledge and skillset to current, or future employers – there’ll be no denying your superpowers!
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Open badges are web-enabled versions of a credential, certification or learning outcome which can be verified in real-time, online.
We have partnered with Credly to translate the learning outcomes you’ve demonstrated into a badge, issued and managed through the company’s Acclaim Platform. The technology Credly uses on its Acclaim Platform is based on the Open Badge Standards maintained by IMS Global. This enables you to manage, share and verify your competencies digitally.
Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll work directly with one of our Outcomes Managers, through regular 1:1 meetings, to:
- Come up with a plan for your job search to help you successfully apply for the right roles.
- Prepare you for everything from mock interviews to contract negotiations
- Connect you to community networks and share job opportunities
- Facilitate opportunities such as work experience or volunteering on short-term contracts
Credly is the end-to-end solution for issuing and managing digital credentials. Credly works with credible organizations to provide digital credentials to individuals, worldwide.
You will receive an email notification from Acclaim ([email protected]) with instructions for claiming your badge and setting up your account.
You can easily configure your privacy settings in the Acclaim Platform. You’re in complete control of the information about yourself that is made public.
While badges are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on Credly’s Acclaim Platform. This link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a paper-based certificate. It also eliminates the possibility of anyone claiming your credential and your associated identity.
You can share your badge directly from the Acclaim Platform to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook; over email; embedded in a website or in your email signature.
- Acclaim will never post something to a social site without the user’s initiation or permission
- Acclaim will only add badges to the user’s profile or post them to the user’s newsfeed when initiated by the user
- The reason that message shows is that LinkedIn provides permissions in three levels. While we will never like or comment on content, the same level of access is required in order to provide the other sharing service we offer: posting badges or adding the badge to the LinkedIn profile.