Studying UX Design at Academy Xi is amazing. Effectively, UX is an end-to-end process, and I think most people don't realise they’re doing UX. Academy Xi equipped me with the tools and processes of how to solve problems.
UX Design is a booming field with an expected market growth of 18.9% by 2024. This course is ideal if you’re curious about this in-demand discipline and want to quench your curiosity by learning its fundamentals.
Learn on your terms:
- Fully flexible and self-paced course
- Learn at your own pace, anytime, anywhere
- Browse material on our engaging learning platform
- Optional reading and activities to cement your learning
Packed with industry-relevant content:
- 30 hours of content and activities
- Dynamic and engaging content, full of rich media assets
- Premium material built in-house by experts
- Receive an industry-recognised Certificate of Completion
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Work on various activities throughout the course
- Create UX Design artefacts
- Start building your portfolio
It will take you approximately 30 hours to complete the topics, activities, and portfolio project preparation.
What you'll learn
Learn what UX Design is, understand its process and explore Human-Centred Design principles.
Adopt industry-specific techniques that help UX Designers explore the problem space by planning, facilitating, and analysing research. Here, you’ll both cover and conduct:
- Research techniques
- Desk research
Find, collate, measure, and interpret user insights and apply them to your research and solution. Translate research and insights into concept ideation, prioritisation, and representation. Synthesise observations and build empathy with your users. You’ll explore:
- Data and identifying patterns
- Empathy mapping
- Customer journey maps
Apply critical analysis techniques to determine suitable design concepts for your UX Design problem. Identify features that best align with your users’ needs and business priorities. Learn how to select a feature and establish your Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Setting the vision
- Introduction to Service Design
- From strategy to concept
Develop mockups, wireframes and discover different techniques and online tools to help you create your own digital prototypes. Use low and high-fidelity prototypes to test and validate your features. Reiterate design concepts based on feedback and usability testing to optimise and improve usability. You will have an understanding of:
- User flows and stories
- Usability testing and optimisation
- Information architecture and navigation
- Form design, search and accessibility
Learn about the importance of portfolios for UX Designers, how to create one and how to communicate your design narrative and approach.
Curate your final artefacts from the course activities to demonstrate your UX Design knowledge and skills. Your mentor will review it and provide structured feedback.
Who this course is for
There are no prerequisites required for this course. It is ideal for:
- Students who want to learn the basics of UX Design concepts, frameworks and tools.
- Students interested in a fully flexible short-course, where they can learn independently and at their own pace.
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2454 students.
“Studying UX Design at Academy Xi is amazing”
“gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me”
I found the online course with Academy Xi easy to access both on my laptop, iPad and Google Pixel. This gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me. I really enjoyed the quality of the content, videos tutorials were relevant and engaging. I walked away with new skills that will help my professional development.