This course is getting me to think and design like a UX Designer. It clarified my mindset on how an actual UX designer thinks and works. Teachers and classmates are amazing and friendly. I hope that we all can stay in touch in the future.
10 weeks, part-time
Complement your professional expertise and boost your career with in-demand skills in User Experience Design, Design Thinking and Human-Centred processes.
The demand for people with UX Design skills is booming across all industries. Implement new skills in your current role with this industry-recognised online course, and gain a toolkit of UX Design techniques to craft useful and intuitive digital products that align with customers’ needs.
Packed with industry-relevant content:
- Receive trusted, industry-recognised credentials
- 50 hours of content and activities along 10 weeks
- Understand the end-to-end UX Design process
- Learn soft skills to effectively communicate and secure stakeholders’ buy in
- Premium content built in-house by experts
A highly supported experience:
- Live video sessions: your instructor takes you through the course material
- Sessions conveniently held twice a week after working hours
- No need to go through a learning platform
- Entire teams dedicated to your support
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Get practical experience that you can immediately use in your job
- Work on various activities throughout the course
- Create a compelling set of UX Design artefacts
- Build your portfolio on a project of your choice
A social and collaborative learning environment:
- Start the course as a group and learn at the same pace as all other students
- Collaborate with your classmates on UX Design projects, grow together, and make lifelong friends
This course takes approximately 50 hours over 10 weeks. This timeframe includes getting through the learning materials, attending live video sessions, completing the course activities, developing your personal project, and communicating with your peers and instructor.
What you'll learn
Start your UX Design journey with the right building blocks:
- Understand how UX Design fits into research, design and product creation
- Explore and apply design thinking
- Learn how to develop a powerful vision statement
- Identify a problem statement
- Scope your personal project
User research is vital in crafting delightful, human-centric experiences. We’ll guide you through common, industry-specific research techniques. You’ll learn how to:
- Piece together customer insights to form a hypothesis
- Engage in one-on-one interviews, surveys, and desk research
- Create a compelling set of personas
- Understand your user’s pain and pleasure points
- Create a Customer Journey Map
Every design solution needs to be validated. The right design skills and tools can help you visually articulate your concepts to team members. Your instructor will ensure you:
- Discover the art of visual communication
- Understand persuasive design techniques
- Learn about content planning and site-mapping
- Discover wireframing tools and templates
- Learn how to plan a user testing session, create scenarios and observe
Implement what you’ve learned and apply your skills on a personal UX Design project. Bring theory to life by:
- Learning techniques to communicate your ideas and designs
- Presenting your personal project to the class and the instructor
- Adding your project to your portfolio
Who this course is for
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone looking to enrich their career in a mentor-led course, with convenient live video sessions, held after working hours
- Anyone looking for a practical course where they can develop a project/portfolio, delivered to scheduled deadlines and in line with industry standards
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students work with the best
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2386 students.
“clarified my mindset on how an actual UX designer thinks and works”
“the best course I’ve ever done”
The UX course was amazing and was the best course I’ve ever done. Our instructor was extremely knowledgeable and approachable. Academy Xi’s diverse environment allowed us to flourish while working with real-life clients.
“I felt connected to Academy Xi’s vision”
I felt connected to Academy Xi’s vision and liked the small class approach. The instructor always thought for a student’s perspective and needs. If you like problem-solving and making a difference, UX is a good direction to take.
Meet your instructors
Founder at YUZA Experience
Lead UX Design Instructor at Academy Xi
Lead Digital Product Designer / UX Consultant
Senior Interaction UX Designer at Fjord
Product Designer at ustwo
Digital Customer Experience and Research Manager at Bupa