I can highly recommend Academy Xi and have become a massive fan of what they are achieving. The advice I would give to anyone thinking about taking the leap and changing their career/life is: your attitude will determine your outcome. If you go in with an open mind and positive determination you will succeed. Thank you Academy Xi for successfully helping me to achieve my new career/future.
12 weeks, part-time
30% off Elevate Course
Complement your existing professional expertise and boost your career with in-demand skills in Product Management.
Product Managers are amongst the highest paid roles in the tech industry. Integral to an organisation’s success, the demand for skilled Product Managers is exponential, with thousands of roles available in any given month.
This online course will equip you with the latest frameworks and techniques so you can be a strong all-rounder, able to understand users and market, define and articulate a product vision, simplify and prioritise the design phase, execute and optimise the launch and its results.
- Receive trusted, industry-recognised credentials
- 60-80 hours of content and activities along 12 weeks
- Understand the end-to-end Product Management process
- Learn soft skills to effectively communicate and secure stakeholders’ buy in
- Premium content built in-house by experts
- Fortnightly mentor-led live video sessions, conveniently held after work hours to facilitate discussions, guest lectures and bring the content to life
- Two 1:1 mentor sessions for tailored support, available on demand
- Entire teams dedicated to support your learning and progress
- Set deadlines to keep you motivated and on track, while allowing for flexibility in pacing your weekly activities
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Get practical experience that you can immediately use in your job
- Work on various activities throughout the course
- Create a launch strategy for a new digital product or service
- Build your portfolio on a project of your choice
A social and collaborative learning environment:
- Start the course as a group and learn at the same pace as all other students
- Collaborate with your classmates on projects, grow together, and make lifelong friends
This course takes approximately 50 hours over 12 weeks. This timeframe includes getting through the learning materials, attending live video sessions, completing the course activities, developing your personal project, and communicating with your peers and instructor.
What you'll learn
- Foundations of Product Management
- Problem solving and Jobs To Be Done framework
- Customer personas
- Unique value proposition
- Product vision
- Design solutions
- Types of products, companies and life stages
- Product Management lifecycle and stages
- Double diamond framework
- Understanding companies: mission, SWOT analysis
- Prioritisation methods
- Quantitative data
- Analysis methods to understand data
- From metrics to opportunities
- Product improvements
- Customer feedback
- Qualitative data and types of research
- Customer interviews
- Hypothesis experiments and testing methods
- Metrics that matter
- Product plans and Product Requirements Document (PRD)
- Soft skills required on the job
- Imagining the future
- Product messaging
- Crafting a message
- Go-to-market plan
- Key tools and software for Product Managers
- Product roadmap
- Product backlog
- Storyframing and wireframing
- Product growth and growth models
- Career advancement
- Working with design
- Fundamentals of User Experience (UX)
- The design process from research to usability testing
- Methods on design: the CIRCLES method
- Market size and estimations
- Business Model Canvas
- Development methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Extreme programming (XP)
- Non-Standard development teams: remote working, development agencies
- Working effectively with engineering
- Tech stacks: front-end and back-end
- Frameworks: Bootstrap, Materialize, Flutter
- Application Programming Interfaces (API)
- Financial statements: Profit and Loss statements (P&L), balance sheet
- Funding; rounds, valuation, capitalisation table
- Investor reports and their key information
- Pricing and strategies
- Communication skills
- Building great presentations
- Product storytelling
- Course wrap up
- Finalise your project and build your presentation
- Learn techniques to communicate your ideas and approach
- Present your personal project to the class and the mentor
- Add your project to your portfolio
Who this course is for
There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is ideal for:
- Anyone looking to enrich their career in a mentor-led course, with convenient live video sessions, held after working hours
- Anyone looking for a practical course where they can develop a project/portfolio, delivered to scheduled deadlines and in line with industry-standards
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2306 students.
“Thank you Academy Xi for successfully helping me to achieve my new career/future.”
“Academy Xi gave me the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected!”
Dennii Lee Stanbridge
Academy Xi gave me the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected! I wouldn't be where I am without the Academy Xi tribe putting me in the firing line of opportunities I may not have dared for myself. Be prepared to work hard. Accept and push through the moments of uncertainty, doubt and overwhelm. Surrender to and trust the process.
“The courses were an adventure and investment in my development”
Always friendly and welcoming! The community at Academy Xi and the environment they create for learning and expanding your horizons is exactly what is needed when you are looking to gain new skills. The courses were an adventure and investment in my development I'll always value and have gained immensely from.
“Academy Xi helped me overcome education paradigms”
When you’re new in a city like I was, you’d normally have to put a lot of extra effort in traditional education. Academy Xi helped me overcome education paradigms. They’ve provided me with knowledge, a network and gave me great industry insights. I am very grateful to be an Alumni.
“gained real-world exposure of what it’s like to be a Product Manager”
Thanks to the mentorship from experienced professionals, I’ve been able to work in Product Management and gained real-world exposure of what it’s like to be a Product Manager.
“The instructors were great in providing the foundation, theory, and real-world examples”
The instructors were great in providing the foundation, theory, and real-world examples of Product Management. Working across theory and practical examples gave me a good perspective of how Product Management can be used.
“This course was honestly one of the best courses I have had the pleasure of attending in my entire learning career”
This course was honestly one of the best courses I have had the pleasure of attending in my entire learning career. Not a day goes by in my job when I am given a task and I think to myself "I can do that because we covered this thoroughly in the course! Within 4 weeks of working in my new job, I have been promoted to full-time Product Manager. I don't think I could have come this far this quickly without your support and guidance across the course, and your assistance in giving me a strong theoretical and practical foundation.