12 weeks, part-time
17 Jan 2022 - 7 Apr 2022
Graphic Design Courses
Academy Xi is excited to bring you the brand-new Front-End Web Development: Elevate – a practical, skills-based course that focuses on building dynamic, responsive and powerful webpages.
With curriculum created by Flatiron School – a leading New York based tech education provider – in consultation with the industry, this course contains current, relevant content that employers are looking for and is delivered by our expert Australia-based educators with years of Web Development experience
With 9.2% projected job growth in five years to 2024, Web Development skills are in high-demand.
Why study this course with us?
Industry relevant content:
- Premium course content co-created with industry experts, so you’ll learn up-to-date skills that employers want
- Gain front-end web development skills by studying part-time, in just 12 weeks
Hands-on practical coding skills:
- Set up your local environment and learn how to use the Command Line Interface for file navigation
- Start using Git for version control and source code management
- Build and host dynamic web pages including a wedding invitation planner
- Apply newly learned web development skills in your job or passion projects
A highly supported experience:
- Stay on track with fixed deadlines while enjoying some flexibility in how you pace your weekly activities
- Mentor-led live video sessions, held twice a week after work hours to facilitate classroom discussions, unpick projects and bring the content to life
- Two 1:1 sessions with your mentor for tailored support, available on demand
- Entire teams dedicated to your support and progression through the course
A social and collaborative learning environment:
- Cohort-based: go through the course at the same pace as all other students
- Collaborate with your classmates on web development projects, grow together, and make lifelong friends
Earn trusted and recognised credentials
- On completion of this course, you can add an industry trusted digital credential to your Linkedin profile
What you’ll learn
Understand how to set up and navigate your local environment, plus the importance of version control and tracking in web development.
- Set up and become familiar with your local environment
- Start using the terminal / Command Line Interface
- Practice using Git for version control
Use Hypertext Markup Language or HTML, the building block of the web, to put content into a page – be it text, images, links or even videos.
- Introduction to HTML
- Practice building pages using HTML
- Create complex HTML pages using forms, semantic elements and HTML5 tags
Change the aesthetics of the HTML content on a web page using Cascading Style Sheets, playing with shape, colour, size and layouts. Learn how to go live and upload files to the web using FTP.
- Style HTML web pages with CSS
- Incorporate complex styling to make web pages responsive and appealing on various screens and displays
- Advanced layouts – apply CSS flexbox and grid designs to display webpage content
- Project 1: Host a static webpage
- Review of program topics
- Present your final project
- Graduation and looking ahead
Who this course is for
This course has no prerequisites and is ideal for anyone looking to develop practical, front-end web development skills, including but not limited to:
- Marketers tending and maintaining templates in a CMS or Mail application
- Graphic, UX or Web designers who are interested in transitioning to more technical development skills
- Individuals curious as to whether they can find a place in the programming job ecosystem and whether they like this line of work
- Those currently employed in a technical or support role and wanting to secure a promotion with in-demand front-end web dev skills
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students’ success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2565 students.
“the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected!”
Dennii Lee Stanbridge
Academy Xi gave me the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected! I wouldn't be where I am without the Academy Xi tribe putting me in the firing line of opportunities I may not have dared for myself.
“gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me”
I found the online course with Academy Xi easy to access both on my laptop, iPad and Google Pixel. This gave me the flexibility to complete the course when and where it suited me. I really enjoyed the quality of the content, videos tutorials were relevant and engaging. I walked away with new skills that will help my professional development.