12 weeks, part-time
30 Aug 2021 - 18 Nov 2021
Academy Xi is excited to bring you the brand-new Data Analytics Elevate – a practical, mentor-led course that will teach you all things data: extraction, manipulation, visualisation and modeling.
With curriculum created by Flatiron School – a leading New York based tech education provider – in consultation with the industry, this course contains current, relevant content that employers are looking for and is delivered by our expert Australia-based educators with years of Data Analytics experience.
The demand for Data Analytics talent is growing exponentially. With an average salary of AUD$110,000 and over 5000* roles on offer, learning Data Analytics and Data Science is a sure way to future-proof your career.
Packed with industry-relevant content:
- Premium content built in-house by experts
- 60-80 hours of content and practical activities along 12 weeks
- Learn the in-demand tools to analyse and mine data effectively – Python programming for data manipulation, SQL for data warehousing, Web scraping to extract data and Data modeling to predict trends
- Visualise and present data persuasively to secure stakeholders’ buy in
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Work on hands-on activities each week, with 50% of your time spent coding
- Build your portfolio with two projects (Python and Data Modeling)
- Interactively develop, narrate and present your projects using Jupyter Notebooks, a powerful collaborative tool used by Data Scientists
- Get practical experience that you can immediately use in your job
A highly supported experience:
- Mentor-led live video sessions to facilitate classroom discussions, unpick projects and bring the content to life
- Live sessions conveniently held twice a week after working hours
- Two 1:1 on-demand sessions with your mentor for tailored support
- Stay on track with fixed deadlines while enjoying flexibility in how you pace your weekly activities
- Entire teams dedicated to your support and progression
A social and collaborative learning environment:
- Start the course as a group and learn at the same pace as all other students
- Collaborate with your classmates, grow together, and make lifelong friends
Earn trusted and recognised credentials:
- On completion of this course, you can add an industry trusted digital credential to your Linkedin profile
source: * – seek.com.au, as of April 2021
This course takes approximately 60-80 hours over 12 weeks. This timeframe includes getting through the learning materials, attending live video sessions, completing the course activities, developing your projects, and communicating with your peers and instructor.
What you'll learn
- Python Variables and Data Types
- Control Flow: Looping and Iteration
- Data Visualisation
- Local environment setup: Jupyter and Github
- Data Processing with Pandas
- Working with APIs
- Web Scraping
- Collect data from the web using the Yelp API
- Manipulate and visualise the data using python programming
- Introduction to SQL (SQL queries, CRUD operations)
- Relational Databases (Joins, Aggregate functions)
- Descriptive Statistics
- Normal Distributions
- Confidence Intervals
- Simple Linear Regression
- Data Preparation for Modelling
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Hypothesis Testing
- Prepare a machine learning data model – perform regression on a real-world data set to make predictions
Who this course is for
If you’re looking for a practical, mentor-led professional development course with in-depth coverage of data analytics, our Data Analytics Elevate course is ideal for you. This course has no prerequisites and is ideal for:
- Working professionals who want to enrich their career prospects or land a promotion with in-demand data analytics skills
- Anyone who wants to work with data comfortably to drive decisions (e.g. consultants, product managers, marketers) , without having to rely on their data team
- Analysts or others working with large amount of data in spreadsheets, who want to level up and learn powerful tools that make the job easier
- People who are new to the world of data analytics and keen to explore if it is the right career path for them
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2521 students.
“I can highly recommend Academy Xi and have become a massive fan of what they are achieving”
I can highly recommend Academy Xi and have become a massive fan of what they are achieving. The advice I would give to anyone thinking about taking the leap and changing their career/life is: your attitude that will determine your outcome. If you go in with an open mind and positive determination you will succeed.
“the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected!”
Dennii Lee Stanbridge
Academy Xi gave me the training I wanted; the discomfort zone I needed, and a family I never expected! I wouldn't be where I am without the Academy Xi tribe putting me in the firing line of opportunities I may not have dared for myself.