Academy Xi was instrumental in securing my dream role, so a big thank you to my instructor and my teammates! This course will expand your portfolio, your network and expose you to some amazing like-minded people. Be collaborative, inquisitive, open about your passions and you will get a lot out of studying with Xi.
10 weeks, part-time
3 May 2021 - 9 Jul 2021
The difference between Service Design, UX & CX
Service Design is the design of the customer journey and the systems, people (the roles that people fill), and the processes that support it.
UX is a subset within SD, and largely focuses on a customer’s interactions with digital assets such as a website or app, throughout the customer journey.
CX is about changing the economic distinction of a business from that of a commodity, good, or service to an experience. As such, the lens with which we are applying to CX means that Service Design sits as a crucial set of layers within a Customer Experience, but does not include crucial elements such as brand strategy, product ownership, or business strategy.
Complement your existing professional expertise and boost your career with in-demand Customer Experience (CX) skills.
Businesses lean on CX strategies to deliver exceptional customer experiences that set themselves apart and deliver increased customer lifetime value (CLV). When surveyed, 44% of businesses report they are principally looking to differentiate over the next 5 years through improved CX. This creates a huge demand for the discipline.
Packed with industry-relevant content:
- Get the complete CX toolkit
- Receive trusted, industry-recognised credentials
- Premium material built in-house by experts
- Study on our engaging learning platform
A highly supported experience:
- Fortnightly live video sessions with mentor and classmates
- 1:1 sessions with your mentor for tailored feedback
- Entire teams dedicated to your support
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Get practical experience that you can use immediately in your job
- Work on various activities throughout the course
- Create a compelling set of CX artefacts
- Build your portfolio on a project of your choice
A social and collaborative learning environment:
- Cohort-based: go through the course at the same pace as all other students
- Collaborate with your classmates on CX projects, grow together, and make lifelong friends
The course takes approximately 60-80 hours over 10 weeks. This time frame includes getting through the learning materials, attending live video sessions, participating in 1:1 mentoring sessions, completing the course activities, developing your personal project, and communicating with your peers and mentor.
What you'll learn
Familiarise yourself with the background, core concepts, terminology, and applications of CX.
- Introduction to Human-Centred Design (HCD)
- The difference between CX, Service Design (SD), User Experience (UX), marketing and project management
- The impact, roles and 10 principles of great CX
Learn how to bring the voice of the customer into a business with research techniques and how to:
- Conduct consumer interviews and surveys
- Read, make sense of and apply data
- Conduct effective desktop research
- Know which technique to deploy and when
Explore the importance of storytelling with data and the role of data in developing insights, learning how to:
- Extract insights from data
- Present your insights to stakeholders
- Distribute insights to an organisation
Learn about segmenting customers in a way that allows you to serve their different needs and validate your insights.
- Introduction to segmentation
- Psychographic segmentation
- Who are your customers and what do they want?
- How to validate your insights
- How to apply your segmentation
Explore the role of CX in an organisation and the stakeholders involved.
- CX and stakeholder engagement
- The role of CX in an organisation
- Understand and align with an organisation’s vision
- Learn how to overcome operational restrictions
Explore the customer journey, learning how to define and draw insights from it.
- What is a customer journey?
- The role of Service Design (SD) in journey mapping
- How to map a customer journey and extract key insights
- Introduction to journey metrics
Learn the key requirements and gain all the tools you need to develop your own CX strategy, making impactful CX decisions.
- How to write a CX strategy
- Presenting your CX strategy
- Measuring your CX strategy
- Creating an minimum viable product (MVP) CX strategy
Learn how to optimise your customer journey, ensuring it delivers desired outcomes by applying design thinking techniques.
- How to prioritise optimisations
- Applying design thinking to customer journeys
- Defining the challenge
- Generating, testing and implementing solutions
Learn how to implement your CX strategy by converting it into an actionable program working with all the relevant stakeholders.
- Creating a CX program rollout plan
- Designing rollout training and support
- How to ensure effective communications to support rollout
- The use of technology in a rollout
Understand customer metrics, their role in measuring overall CX and the technology involved.
- Benefits of NPS, CSAT and CES and when to use them
- Custom metrics
- CX measurement technology
- Calculating the ROI of CX
Who this course is for
There are no prerequisites for this course. It is ideal for:
- Anyone looking for a mentor-led course in Customer Experience (CX)
- Those designing customer journeys, who want to leverage CX best practices and strategies to create exceptional experiences
- Learners in customer facing roles, seeking to introduce CX best practice to their day-to-day job
- Anyone looking for a practical online course where they can develop a personal CX project to display in their portfolio
- Students who want the convenience and flexibility of online learning, with the benefits of regular support and live-video sessions
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2284 students.
“Academy Xi was instrumental in securing my dream role”
“The courses were an adventure and investment in my development”
Always friendly and welcoming! The community at Academy Xi and the environment they create for learning and expanding your horizons is exactly what is needed when you are looking to gain new skills. The courses were an adventure and investment in my development I'll always value and have gained immensely from.