UX UI Intermediate Online is a brand new career enhancing online course from Academy Xi that provides students with an exceptional User Experience learning outcome partnered with User Interface Design modules to strengthen students’ skills and knowledge to improve their employability prospects.
Designed for students who might not be able to attend our campus courses in person, our innovative ‘synchronous’ model of course delivery allows students to undertake coursework and gain industry-leading expertise as suits their personal schedule. Students still have the advantage of fortnightly live class sessions, mentor support on-demand and academic support via Slack. This way, motivation and engagement levels are kept high so students can focus on course completion success.
Additionally, students have access to a library of quality UX tools, video content and additional resources that allow advanced research and practice.
Throughout this course, students bring their own real-world UX project, where they apply their skills and practices to drive a positive outcome in a particular area that matters to them.
This course is for
This course is perfect for students who need the convenience and flexibility of online learning delivery, but who also benefit from the advantages and support of regular live classes, a course community, dedicated instructor and mentor support and regular review of course work.
Academy Xi has designed this UX UI Intermediate Online course to blend high grade UX Design knowledge with UI Design skills so students can achieve higher professional upskilling and employment objectives.
What you will learn
This course covers:
- An introduction to UX
- Project kick-off
- Exploring project methodologies (Agile, Lean, Waterfall)
- UX Research (interviews, surveys, competitive analysis, data insights)
- Understanding users (affinity and empathy mapping, personas and customer journeys)
- Content (Information Architecture, content strategy, UX copywriting)
- Ideation and conceptualisation (features, design best practices, visual design principles)
- Building prototypes (wireframes, software including Axure, Sketch, Figma)
- Usability testing
- User Interface design
- Project presentation and showcase
Through this course, you will:
- Develop an understanding of business needs
- Research and understand user needs
- Ideate concepts and develop prototypes
- Design User Experience architecture
- Conduct usability testing
- Iterate and optimise design ideas into design solutions