Service Design is a booming field with an expected market growth of 13% by 2022. This course is ideal if you’re curious about this in-demand discipline and want to quench your curiosity by learning its fundamentals.
This course will require 30 hours to complete, which covers the core principles and techniques of Service Design. You can learn at your own pace, anytime, anywhere, in this fully-flexible and convenient online format. Simply use our engaging learning platform to access to premium, dynamic and engaging material, built in-house by experts. Our content scales with your needs: optional reading and activities are available if you want to push your learning further.
As the best way to learn is by doing, you’ll also work on various activities throughout the course, create Service Design artefacts and build your portfolio.
Enquire about this course today, or download your course guide to learn more.
This course is for
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
It is specifically designed for students who want to learn the basics of Service Design concepts, frameworks and tools. It is ideal for:
- A range of learners who want a high-level overview of Service Design, from UX, Graphic or Industrial Designers, Product Leads, to Business Analysts or Product Managers.
- Anyone keen to learn more about Service Design for professional or personal development.
- Students interested in a short-course that is fully flexible and where they can learn independently, at their own pace, around existing professional and personal commitments.
What you will learn
This course covers:
- Introduction to Service Design
- Approaching Service Design Challenges
- The 5 Ps
- Research Overview
- Problem Framing & Jobs to Be Done
- Contextual Inquiries
- Synthesis & Affinity Mapping
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Service Blueprint
- Problem Definition & Prioritisation
- Workshops & Ideation
- Visioning & Concept Building
- Delivering a MVS (Minimum Viable Service)
- Creating a portfolio piece
This course enables graduates to add valuable techniques to their career toolkit, making them more employable with in-demand skills. Completing this service design course can progress into a career as a:
- Product or Service Lead
- Change Management Specialist
- Innovation Manager
- Service Designer