5 months, full-time
7 Feb 2022 - 8 Jul 2022
Academy Xi’s Software Engineering: Transform course is a comprehensive, outcomes-driven Software Engineering course that’ll set you apart from the competition.
With curriculum created by Flatiron School – a leading New York based tech education provider – in consultation with the industry, this course contains current, relevant content that employers are looking for and is delivered by our expert Australia-based educators with years of Software Engineering experience.
The Software Engineering: Transform course from Academy Xi is designed to completely transform your career, teaching in-demand practical skills that will help you land a job.
Demand for Software Engineers is projected to grow a whopping 23%** by 2024! Land a job in Software Engineering and transform your future with this industry proven, career-focussed course.
Get job-ready with Career Support:
- Enter the course as a beginner and get job-ready after graduation
- 24 weeks of personalised career support, guidance and advice
- Expand your Software Engineering network and be part of an active community
A truly comprehensive and supported online course:
- Build a strong foundation in Software Engineering principles with close to 1000 hours of learning
- Get full-stack development skills for increased employability
- 4 weekly live video sessions with your Mentor and cohort to cement learning and ask questions
- Personalised, unlimited 1:1 support from your Mentor
- Powered by Canvas, the world’s largest learning management system
Get the practical experience employers are looking for:
- Spend over 50% of your time coding, with hundreds of practice labs
- Get hands-on learning with 4 group projects of increasing complexity, plus your individual final capstone project
- Build an active GitHub profile as you work through the course, to showcase your coding skills to employers
- Get the opportunity to showcase your final project solution to a panel of industry experts
- Prove you can talk tech by writing and maintaining your own technical blog
- Receive trusted, industry-recognised credentials from Academy Xi
A highly collaborative and interactive learning environment:
- Replicate the collaborative approach of a real Software Engineering job by working with peers on projects
- Cohort-based learning to connect with classmates, grow together and make lifelong friends
- Delve into specific topics and ask questions to your experienced Mentor during live video sessions
** source: Labour Market Information Portal
What you'll learn
The course content covers multiple programming languages, and includes both front and back-end programming.
The course is broken into five modules, each concluding with a comprehensive project. Over the first four modules, you’ll work collaboratively on projects with your peers before embarking on a final solo project in module five that will allow you to demonstrate your full-stack expertise.
Learn the fundamentals of programming and get a feel for Object-Oriented Programming as well as storing databases using SQL and Object Relational Mappers.
- Introduction to programming
- Understand Object-Oriented Programming, used to bundle code and create reusable objects and methods
- Storing databases using SQL and ORM (Object Relational Mappers)
- Git tracking for source code management and version control
- Put the language to work
- Learn the Document Object Model (DOM) API
Learn to build productive, scalable front-ends, creating slick, functional, reactive code with Redux as a state manager and Rails as the back-end JSON API.
- Building front-ends with React and Redux
- Using Redux as a state manager
- Using Rails for back-end JSON APIs
- Writing well structured HTML & CSS
- Using SASS to create high-quality front-ends
Learn two key Ruby frameworks, first mastering the fundamentals of web programming with Sinatra and experience how quickly you can build incredible apps using Rails.
- Introduction to Ruby – back-end development
- Gain an understanding of HTTP and build your own servers with Rack
- Master web programming fundamentals with Sinatra
- Gain exposure to design patterns like REST (Representational State Transfer), MVC (Model-View-Controller), HTML Forms, ERB (Embedded Ruby)
- Learn how to build apps quickly with Rails
- Practice debugging and tracking down issues in code using tools
Go solo on your final personal project, to show off the best side of your new skillset, and help land that first Software Engineering role.
- Define an appropriate project concept
- Build your own application
- Showcase your solution to your peers, mentor and a panel of industry experts
- Receive structured feedback
Career support program
Once the client project is completed, it’s all about landing you that dream Software Development role! At this point of your learning journey, you’ll have the skills and practical experience – all that’s left is to craft your career narrative.
With the Career Support Program, you’ll receive comprehensive career guidance and support. You’ll undertake activities including but not limited to the following:
- Finesse: Add polish to your Portfolio, CV and LinkedIn creating a coherent career narrative
- Practice: Hone your soft skills, such as interview and presentation techniques.
- Search: Build your network within the industry and apply for your dream roles.
*Note: This 24-week career support program is optional, but highly recommended.
Who this course is for
This course is suitable for anyone looking to transition fast into the tech industry as a Software Engineer or Developer. If you are detail-oriented, love logical problem solving and have an interest in tech, then this is the course for you. Those interested in this course may include:
- Career changers who are currently working in an unrelated field and want to future proof their careers with in-demand tech skills
- Those working in tech-adjacent roles who want to upskill and broaden their opportunities in a fully technical role
- People re-entering the workforce after a break and looking to retrain
- People who want to start their own tech ventures and need some experience working in a tech role prior
Graduates of this course can expect to land junior or entry-level tech roles, including but not limited to:
- Software Engineer
- Web Developer
- Front-end Developer
- Back-end Developer
- Full-stack Engineer
For students who are keen to launch their own start-ups or apps, we recommend first getting on-the-job learning by working for 1-2 years within a tech team. Learning how to build technology that scales is an invaluable asset that will help you when you embark on your solo venture.
We know that signing up for a rigorous course online can be daunting, but trust us, you’re in safe hands!
Academy Xi’s Software Engineering: Transform course leverages Flatiron School’s robust software engineering curriculum.
Headquartered in New York, Flatiron School brings over 8 years of experience creating tech courses that are industry-aligned, and that equip graduates with in-demand tech skills.
- USA-based leader in tech training
- 8+ years experience
- Industry-vetted curriculum
- Relevant technical skills
- Award winning proprietary programs
delivery & outcomes
Academy Xi’s immaculate reputation for delivering industry-recognised training in Australia, local networking opportunities and impressive 90% graduate job offer rate ensures that you’re set up for success.
- Australian owned and operated
- 5 years delivering job-ready training
- Local industry connections
- Career support program
- 90% graduate offer rate
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2568 students.
“I highly recommend this course to anyone who has decided to be job-ready in this field”
Harold Torres Marino
I’ve deeply enjoyed the Software Engineering Transform course. I highly recommend this course to anyone who has decided to be job-ready in this field. My mentor has been an immense help throughout my learning process, as he’s always been willing to help, even after long live sessions or weekends when there’s no need to. The staff frequently asks for feedback, which makes me think they’re always looking for improvements, and that’s a good sign.
“That's what really sets this course apart - having that high level of support.”
My Software Engineering qualification with Academy Xi has left me feeling less at risk - upskilling is one of the best ways to keep your tech contribution valuable.
My mentor sessions with Albert helped me fix problems before they grew... This training is distinguished from other courses through its immediate feedback.
That's what really sets this course apart - having that high level of support.
“I am very happy with the progress I made throughout the course and the cohort lead was a fantastic help throughout”
The outcome I couldn’t be happier with. It certainly exceeded my expectations. I was able to find work relatively quickly after the course ended, and the pay grade was more than I had anticipated. The highlight of the course for me was that Academy Xi assigned me a mentor. She is fantastic and we’ve remained in contact after the course finished. She has been so helpful and has so much industry knowledge and contacts. The course itself was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do, but rewarding all the same. I am very happy with the progress I made throughout the course and the cohort lead was a fantastic help throughout.
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.