1 day course for teams
'Real world' product lifecycle simulation
Earn a digital credential
Practice key product planning moments in cutting-edge simulation
Product management is fast becoming more than a job role. Organisations now recognise that it is the modern glue that keeps an initiative firmly attached to broader business goals. This gamified day of training offers teams best-practice product management skills earned in an interactive and hands-on simulation environment. Practicing key product planning moments in an open learning environment helps keep projects on track and enables agile businesses to respond to those inevitable curveballs.
How does the simulation work?
- Introduction to product management in business
- Learners are divided into smaller working groups
- We deliver a ‘real-world’ brief stipulating scope and product delivery periods
- Learners prepare product roadmaps
- Wild cards! The inclusion of common situations that require reprioritisation and strategic pivoting
- Gamification. Throughout the training, different approaches are scored and we discuss the issues, complexities and opportunities that present
- Raise your team’s confidence working on digital products
- Generate real-world business insights via the simulation training model
- Understand when to use Agile and Waterfall modes of delivery
- Identify common issues that typically present within product builds
- Understand how to successfully pivot when project roadblocks inevitably present
- Gain a nuanced understanding of your workplace’s digital ecosystem
- Overcome legacy issues by learning how to work collaboratively within constraints
- Create a shared sense of ownership with your team’s products and output
- Create a community of digital problem solvers
Who is this training designed for?
This training is best suited for:
- Disparate product managers working siloed in various departments who need to share a common language, toolkit and way of working
- Functional teams needing to expand their capabilities
- Newly-formed teams needing to build digital capabilities in strategic areas
- Businesses who have identified a digital skills gaps inside of their organisation
- Any business wanting to foster a community of digital problem solvers
We live in the age of digital transformation, with the number and size of digital projects growing rapidly. Building a successful team that is adept at working together is critical in order to see digital projects successfully ‘lift off’.
Solid project management can help ensure that your team not only learns how to work well together, but that they also increase efficiency and productive workflow for future projects.
Bringing digital projects to life can mean different things to different teams depending on their end goal. Digital Project Management is essentially about getting things done in the digital world. The way that this is brought to life typically involves planning, delegating, tracking, reviewing, and measuring results — often all done using project management software. Some examples of real-world digital projects are:
- Organisational/team digital transformation projects
- New software assessment or implementation
- Software and mobile development
- Website design and creation
- UX/UI design and build
- Digital marketing campaigns
Organisations we've worked with
What our clients say
“Academy Xi is my learning partner not my learning provider”
Clare Di Leva
“The training was a tailored experience, to ensure that all team members would get something out of it, and felt engaged”
Our team came to Academy Xi for some group training in UX & Service Design. The purpose of this training was to help establish common practices and outputs for the team. The training was a tailored experience, to ensure that all team members would get something out of it, and felt engaged.
It was a great team building exercise, and really helped us agree on methodology - which in turn helped us have a common approach within the workplace - which helped enormously in streamlining our approach.
“a level of learning and enjoyment rarely seen”
Academy Xi bring an energy and passion to education that creates a level of learning and enjoyment rarely seen. They played an integral role in our Tech4Good Challenge Program - providing instructions, content development and class management to train our non-profit partners in Service Design, Product Management and User Experience Design. I would highly recommend Academy Xi as a training and development partner if you are looking for an industry-leading experience.
“great team building exercise”
The Intro to Human-Centred Design course was a great team building exercise. A lot of interesting concepts were covered. My team also got the opportunity to collaborate with participants from other divisions on problems specific to our organisation (as opposed to hypothetical problems). Every participant got something useful out of the day.