1 - 2 day course for teams
Receive a dedicated toolkit
Earn a digital credential
Design Thinking Workshop for teams
Design Thinking is three things: a mindset of ‘thinking outside of the box’, a process to follow, and a toolkit of hands-on methods used to achieve your design goals. It is increasingly being used by teams (not exclusively designers) across the board to improve processes, simplify complex problems and foster a culture of innovation to drive business value.
Venturing into the unknown can make some team members feel uncomfortable. Academy Xi’s Design Thinking course was built for corporate, government, not-for-profit and agency teams. Over one or two days, it provides a safe space to explore this versatile, innovative approach to problem solving.
- Approach problems armed with a Design Thinking process, mindset and toolkit.
- Use Design Thinking to solve problems relating to desirability, viability and feasibility.
- Know how to design and facilitate a basic Design Thinking workshop.
- Understand how to keep the customer/user firmly at the centre of any innovation process.
- Overcome legacy process issues by teaching staff to work creatively within constraints
- Create a community of problem solvers with a shared sense of ownership of your critical projects
- Kickstart a culture of continuous learning within your team
- Get a dedicated Design Thinking toolkit to embed new practices
- Raise your team’s design fluency and confidence working in creative teams
Who is this training designed for?
This training is best suited for:
- Corporate, government, not-for-profit and agency teams
- Functional teams looking to upskill
- Cross-functional teams requiring a shared mindset and language
- Founders, managers and creative directors looking to foster a culture of innovation
- Executive teams and boards
- Strategic leaders and marketers looking to amplify their knowledge
- Groups of new starters for alignment with organisational vision and priorities
The main reason for the global popularity of Design Thinking is in its evidence as a process that enables teams to overcome complex challenges and design effective solutions that are: a) significantly superior to existing alternatives and b) commercially viable/sustainable. By keeping the customer/user at the core of the innovation process, Design Thinking mitigates the risk of designing offerings that aren’t any more attractive or useful to users than incumbent solutions. With a new mindset and toolkit to embed back into your team, you will have a shared language and new way of working to solve business problems.
Design Thinking is best understood as a process for creative problem solving. In employing design thinking, you’re pulling together what’s desirable from a human point of view with what is technologically feasible and economically viable.
You don’t have to be a design agency to be a “Design-led business”. According to Adobe: “Companies that put design at the very core of their brand are design-led. They weave design principles into everything they do—from research and strategy to creating content. They think beyond transactions and focus on beautiful experiences that build lasting and meaningful relationships with customers.”
Organisations we've worked with
What our clients say
“Academy Xi is my learning partner not my learning provider”
Clare Di Leva
“a level of learning and enjoyment rarely seen”
Academy Xi bring an energy and passion to education that creates a level of learning and enjoyment rarely seen. They played an integral role in our Tech4Good Challenge Program - providing instructions, content development and class management to train our non-profit partners in Service Design, Product Management and User Experience Design. I would highly recommend Academy Xi as a training and development partner if you are looking for an industry-leading experience.
“a highly rewarding experience”
Working with Academy Xi has been a highly rewarding experience. We worked closely with the Xi team as our strategic design partner, to co-design a customer-centric Way of Working framework, set of supporting capabilities and a guidebook containing tools and templates. We've worked innovatively to test and validate these through a real-life on the job occupational challenge which validated the practicality and ease of use of the artefacts developed. Academy Xi performed deep research insights for the organisation which contributed hugely to the program's success.
“great team building exercise”
The Intro to Human-Centred Design course was a great team building exercise. A lot of interesting concepts were covered. My team also got the opportunity to collaborate with participants from other divisions on problems specific to our organisation (as opposed to hypothetical problems). Every participant got something useful out of the day.