1 day course for teams
Receive a takeaway toolkit
Earn a digital credential
Build a culture of digital confidence
With digital transformation affecting all aspects of the business landscape, it’s no longer viable for digital knowledge to be held within closed silos. Think of digital literacy as having the understanding you need to play on the fast-moving digital playing field.
This 1-day course answers fundamental questions about the world of digital in a safe environment, and provides a knowledge foundation that can be built on over time.
Delivered either in-person or online, this digital literacy training will kickstart the journey for 20 of your people towards realising core digital capabilities.
- Leverage best-practice digital mindsets, processes and artefacts
- Understand your organisation’s digital systems, processes and job roles
- Build a culture of “tech confidence” to improve the way your people do business
- Develop a shared language around digital to drive productivity
- Create a digital service blueprint using Design Thinking
- Create a shared ‘digital-first’ mindset to tackle simple and complex business challenges
- Unleash dormant creativity to override ‘business as usual’ thinking
- Encourage more thoughtful, ‘digital-first’ decision-making
- Take away a dedicated toolkit to further embed learnings in everyday work
- Employee development
Who is this training designed for?
- Corporate, government, not-for-profit and agency teams
- Functional teams looking to upskill
- Cross-functional teams requiring a shared mindset and language
- Founders, managers and creative directors looking to bring a baseline digital IQ to their businesses
- Executive teams and boards
- Groups of new starters for alignment with organisational vision and priorities
Quick clue: it isn’t all about the technology. The true benefits of advanced technologies can only be realised if we know how to use them to their fullest potential. It is also not necessarily about becoming a digital master. It is about being able to have a conversation with one. Digital literacy is the ability to navigate various digital platforms and understand, assess and communicate through them.
Digital literacy is important because we live in a tech-dependent world. Today, you can buy movie tickets from your smartphone, read the news on a mobile tablet or take books with you to the beach on a digital e-reader. We need to become digitally literate to keep up with the changing times. Remote working also shed a light on varying digital literacy levels within organisations. Similarly, with organisations increasingly adopting new technologies like cloud platforms, digital project management software and data analytics, employees will need to continue developing new skills and adapting to change.
The quickest and most sustainable way to digital literacy is about building foundational digital capabilities. These are the mindsets, systems and architecture that sit behind the new digital ecosystem. Some signs of a digitally literate individual include being able to find the right tools to consume information and to share and create content for others.
Organisations we've worked with
What our clients say
“Academy Xi is my learning partner not my learning provider”
Clare Di Leva
“a level of learning and enjoyment rarely seen”
Academy Xi bring an energy and passion to education that creates a level of learning and enjoyment rarely seen. They played an integral role in our Tech4Good Challenge Program - providing instructions, content development and class management to train our non-profit partners in Service Design, Product Management and User Experience Design. I would highly recommend Academy Xi as a training and development partner if you are looking for an industry-leading experience.
“a highly rewarding experience”
Working with Academy Xi has been a highly rewarding experience. We worked closely with the Xi team as our strategic design partner, to co-design a customer-centric Way of Working framework, set of supporting capabilities and a guidebook containing tools and templates. We've worked innovatively to test and validate these through a real-life on the job occupational challenge which validated the practicality and ease of use of the artefacts developed. Academy Xi performed deep research insights for the organisation which contributed hugely to the program's success.
“great team building exercise”
The Intro to Human-Centred Design course was a great team building exercise. A lot of interesting concepts were covered. My team also got the opportunity to collaborate with participants from other divisions on problems specific to our organisation (as opposed to hypothetical problems). Every participant got something useful out of the day.