Terms and Conditions
Academy Xi Pty Ltd | ACN 84 608 846 822
In this Policy:
- Course means a Course provided by Academy Xi
- Course Fee refers to the listed price (inclusive of GST) of a Course
- Us and We mean Academy Xi Pty Ltd
- You means a student of Academy Xi
What is the purpose of this policy?
This policy sets out the terms upon which Academy Xi will provide you with a refund in relation to a Course Fee paid by you.
We may change this policy from time to time by reviewing it, revising it, or amending it. If we change this policy, we will provide you with notice of the change and access to the changed policy.
Academy Xi provides various services to expand your knowledge, build a community or develop the skills for your career, through short courses, events and workshops.
You agree to pay the relevant fees (including GST) for the relevant Course (Course Fee) using the payment method selected on your enrolment form. You also accept that you are required to pay the full amount of the Course Fee even if you do not complete the Course.
If you are under 18:
- You represent and agree that you possess the legal consent of your parent or guardian to enrol in a Course provided by Academy Xi; and
- You accept that your parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fee
Course enrolment, commencement and duration
Course enrolment is complete when you have made a specified and agreed upon payment. Course commencement is effective from the registered first day of the course. The duration of the Course is as stated on the course page, welcome letter and/or advised at time of enrolment (CourseCompletion Date).
In the event that you do not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date, you may apply for an extension as detailed below. Otherwise, your enrolment will be cancelled by Academy Xi.
Depending on the format of the course, all course materials are supplied electronically or physically, unless otherwise stated in the Course description.
Some Academy Xi programs may have Course Materials available for download, however, you need to confirm whether this applies to your Course prior to enrolment. In all other cases, Course materials may not be downloaded
If Course Materials are provided online, you can access them via the Academy Xi Learning Management System. Login details will be provided upon enrolment. The Academy Xi Learning Management System site is available 24 hours per day 7 days per week but the platform may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance. In the event that the Academy Xi Learning Management System becomes unavailable, Course Materials will be delivered to you by Academy Xi using another means of delivery.
Extensions are limited to the submission of assignments or activities after the course completion date. Course extension requests must be made in writing 7 days prior to the completion date and must be approved by your instructor.
If you wish to transfer into another Academy Xi Course, you may do so free of charge within seven days of your Course Commencement Date. The following conditions apply:
- You must apply for a transfer within seven (7) days of the Course Commencement Date
- You may transfer into a Course of the same level and fee value or pay the difference between the Enrolment Fee for the earlier and later Course
- Should you apply for a transfer after the seventh day from the Course Commencement Date, but less than 21 days after the Course Commencement Date you will be required to pay an Administration Fee which shall be 20% of the total Enrolment Fee
- Transfers must be approved by both your Course Instructor and Student Experience Producer.
- You are to contact the Campus Director if you seek a transfer more than 21 days after the Course Commencement Date and the decision to grant a transfer will be a the discretion of your Campus Director
- You may transfer from a Course on one occasion only
You may pay the Course Fee using a MasterCard, Visa, or American Express via the Academy Xi payment gateway, or by bank transfer.
If the credit or debit card is not issued in your name, you must have the permission of the cardholder to use their card to pay the Course Fee.
When your payment is confirmed, the Fee (minus any discounts or credit applied), will be deducted from your credit or debit card and a tax invoice will be emailed to your nominated email address.
All monies are non-refundable once payment has been made. Payment of the Course Fee does not guarantee that you will achieve competency in the Course.
Any additional charges from the use of your credit card are dependant on your financial institution are not the responsibility of Academy Xi.
To confirm enrolment in a Course you must complete an Enrolment Form and pay either a portion of the Course Fee or the Course Fee in full. If you enrol using our direct debit flexible payment plan, no certificates will be issued until you have provided full payment of the Course Fee. If payment is rejected under a direct debit payment plan due to insufficient funds in your account, Academy Xi reserves the right to deduct an additional dishonour fee from your account.
Academy Xi reserves the right to cancel your enrolment and withhold your Certificate/Statement of Attainment if full payment is not made.
Refunds are only available prior to the Course Commencement. If the Course is cancelled 7 days prior to the Course Commencement date, you will receive 90% of tuition back unless agreed otherwise with Academy Xi. If, for whatever reason you are not comfortable with the course you have taken, you can refer to our transfer policy for other options.
Academy Xi responsibilities
Academy Xi has a responsibility to you to provide you with a Course that will assist you as much as possible in attaining competency. Academy Xi agrees to provide the following:
- A tax invoice upon request;
- Login details to access online Course Materials; Feedback where applicable on submitted assessment tasks; and
- Upon satisfactory completion of the course (if applicable), issue a letter of Course Completion
As an Academy Xi student you agree to the following:
- Accept these Terms and Conditions;
- Submit an enrolment form and pay the Course Fee (or deposit where applicable);
- Ensure that all information provided by you to Academy Xi is accurate;
- Notify Academy Xi of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc).
- Advise Academy Xi of any difficulties or problems experienced by you with Academy Xi staff, procedures or training as soon as possible or within a reasonable time of an event or incident occurring;
- Participate in your Course cooperatively and courteously and not disrupt the class;
- Complete your Course assessments by the required date;
- Speak directly with your Course instructors for all matters relating to course materials, presentations, homework and class projects;
- Take responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output; and
- Not submit or claim as your own, work derived from other sources or work completed by another person
Intellectual property within the Course Materials, logos and other information available on the Academy Xi website, is owned by Academy Xi. You may not copy, reproduce, modify or adapt any or all of the Course Materials and other items made available to you by Academy Xi without the prior written consent of Academy Xi.
You must provide Academy Xi with an email address, which you use and check regularly. You agree that this will be the address used for all communications with Academy Xi and that all notices and other information regarding the Course, the Academy Xi website and other relevant information will be communicated to you by means of the email address provided. You must inform Academy Xi as soon as possible of any change to your email address.
Your access to the Course online materials will terminate within two months of your enrolment unless extended by Academy Xi as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Academy Xi may also terminate your access to the Course materials if, in its reasonable opinion, you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, and if the breach can be remedied and Academy Xi is notified of the breach within 7 days, access to Course materials will not be terminated.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
Academy Xi does not claim, represent or warrant that a Course or Course Materials are suitable for your purposes or are error free. The Courses and Course Materials are intended to be a learning aid only for in Australia and are not intended to be a substitute for your own study, completion of study assignments work or class attendance.
All content provided by Academy Xi, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Academy Xi, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis.
To the extent permitted by law:
- Academy Xi excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law) including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy;
- Academy Xi does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of any aspect of the Courses, Course Materials or website content;
- While Academy Xi endeavours to ensure that all content provided in every course is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Academy Xi for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Course and Course Materials; and
- Academy Xi does not warrant that Courses will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Courses or website will be free of viruses or bugs.
These Terms and Conditions:
- Replace all previous representations, arrangements, understanding and agreements between you and Academy Xi;
- Consist of the entire agreement between you and Academy Xi; and
- Are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales and the State of Victoria.
You and Academy Xi agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and Victoria.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which they are intended to be effective, then, to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. Academy Xi may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change and Academy Xi may revise theme at any time by posting an updated version. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms and Conditions.
Vouchers & discount codes
These terms are applicable specifically to our current EOFY campaign:
- The EOFY promotion code is applicable to 30% discount for any online, part-time, or full-time course;
- The EOFY promotion code is effective for all upcoming courses at the time of purchase, meaning the discount code cannot be used retrospectively;
- The EOFY promotion code is not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Offer is not valid on sale items or other discounted items;
- The EOFY promotion code permits you to jump the waitlist to any sold out, free event. To jump the waitlist, you will need to email [email protected];
- The EOFY promotion code permits your free attendance to any paid “Bootcamp,” “Workshop,” or “Masterclass” provided by Academy Xi within a 3-month window, ending August 2018, from the date of purchase. If the paid “Bootcamp,” “Workshop” or “Masterclass” is sold out, you will not be permitted to attend;
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time; and
- We reserve the right to change the validity of voucher codes at any time in the event of unforeseen circumstances
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact Academy Xi:
Academy Xi Pty Ltd | ABN 84 608 846 822
48 Druitt Street,
Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Tel: 1300683923 | email : [email protected]