Frequently asked questions
- Can a parent or guardian take out the loan on behalf of the student?
Yes – Study Loans now allows a parent or guardian of a child seeking a loan for education to be able to take the loan out in their name instead of the child. This will be beneficial for those students who are currently not earning over $20,000 per annum but have a parent or guardian willing to take out the loan in their name.
- What happens if I defer my education?
You would still be required to make repayments until completion of that tranche. This can be discussed further with Study Loans for an individual arrangement.
- Is it possible to only borrow a fraction of the course cost?
Yes, when you speak with Academy Xi, please advise them how much you would like to pay upfront and how much you will need to borrow.
- What happens if I fail a unit?
We recommend you first speak to Academy Xi about re-sitting a unit. If this isn’t possible you can contact our friendly team on 1800 566 699 to discuss further.
- Will you run a credit check on me?
Yes, at the formal application stage, we will run a credit check. If you are simply checking what your repayments would be, we suggest using our website’s calculator or call our support staff for your indicative repayment ranges.
- What is the application process like?
We work hard to make the process straightforward and simple.
- Choose your course and contact us.
- Apply directly by calling a team member at Study Loans on 1800 566 699.
- 18 years and over
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Need a loan to fund your education