Code of Conduct:
Respect is our baseline
Respect is our baseline
Academy Xi Pty Ltd | ACN 84 608 846 822
Code of Conduct
Dear Academy Xi Community Member,
Any event, workshop or short course produced and/or facilitated by Academy Xi is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof).
We do not tolerate harassment of guest speakers, course instructors, workshop facilitators or other participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter, Facebook and other online media. Any participant violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of Academy Xi and its representatives.
Harassment includes, but not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices.
- Sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Aggressive discourse with panelists, presenters or participants.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Swearing or other profanity.
- Advocating for, or encouraging any of the above behaviour.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, Academy Xi may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the venue with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of Academy Xi immediately, they can be identified as they’ll be wearing Xi badges, pins and/or shirts, .
Academy Xi staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all events, courses and workshop venues and related social events.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging this phone number: 1300 683 923. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Contacting a staff member, identified byAcademy Xi badges, buttons, or shirts.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event, workshop or class.
Being community conscious, we hope never to have to take action on the above. Please know that we are committed to building a long-lasting, respectful community of likeminded change makers.
We value your attendance and look forward to seeing you at our next event.
With love and respect,
The team at Academy Xi