12 weeks, part-time
23 May 2022 - 10 Aug 2022
Companies that work closest with data are five times more likely to make quick decisions than competitors and twice as likely to be a top financial performer in their market.*
In the expanding world of big data, this course enables you to combine different data sources, formulate specific insights and then simplify your findings, by creating clear data visualisations that will inspire decision making and drive growth.
With a curriculum designed in collaboration with leading New York based tech education provider, Flatiron School, this course covers the skills that employers are searching for, delivered by our expert Australia-based educators who have years of experience working in data-driven industries.
Why study this course with us?
Packed with industry-relevant content:
- Premium content co-created with industry experts
- 80+ hours of content and practical activities across 12 weeks
- Learn basic python and use popular libraries like Matplotlib and Pandas
- Clarify complex data by creating beautifully simple visualisations
- Present your data insights to secure stakeholders’ buy in
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Spend over 50% of your time coding with projects and weekly labs
- Add to your GitHub profile with two Data Visualisation projects
- Interactively develop, narrate and present your projects using Jupyter Notebooks, a powerful collaborative tool used in data science industries
- Develop your ability to harness externally available data
- Get data handling know-how that you can immediately apply in your job
A highly supported experience:
- Mentor-led live video sessions to facilitate classroom discussions, unpick projects and bring the content to life
- Live sessions conveniently held twice a week after working hours
- Two 1:1 on-demand sessions with your mentor for tailored support
- Stay on track with fixed deadlines while enjoying flexibility in how you pace your weekly activities
- Entire teams dedicated to your support and progression
A social and collaborative learning environment:
- Start the course as a group and learn at the same pace as all other students
- Collaborate and connect with your classmates, make lifelong friends and build a network of budding professionals
Earn trusted and recognised credentials:
- On completion of this course, you can add an industry trusted digital credential to your LinkedIn profile
This course takes approximately 80+ hours over 12 weeks. This timeframe includes absorbing the learning materials, attending live video sessions, completing the course activities, developing your projects, and communicating with your peers and mentor.
What you'll learn
- Learn the basics of Python programming
- Explore Python’s applications with code writing
- Overcome a series of computing challenges with Python
- Use coding and statistical concepts to review different datasets
- Examine a range of visualisation forms, including scatter plots, bar graphs and histograms
- Use your developing python skills to create simple data visualisations
- Work as a data team with members of your cohort and complete your first visualisation project
- Prepare and deliver a visual presentation, highlighting your data insights
- Expand your ability to analyse and extract data with Pandas DataFrames
- Import data and manipulate statistics with simple commands
- Build up from the basics of Pandas
- Isolate data of interest by applying grouping, sorting and filtering techniques
- Learn how to clean data
- Get to grips with the challenges associated with missing data
- Implement methods of programming that resolve gaps in datasets
- Understand what Application Programming Interfaces (API) are
- Use an API to access publicly available data and merge it with your existing dataset
- Go solo on your final project, enriching an existing dataset of your choosing by merging it with externally sourced data
- Convert your findings into a full visual analysis, clarifying the features of your data and highlighting valuable insights
- Once your project is completed, present your data visualisation and data insights to your peers and mentor
Who this course is for
If you’re looking for a hands-on, mentor-led professional development course that takes a deep dive into the possibilities of data visualisation, our Data Visualisation with Python: Elevate course is a perfect fit for you. This course has no prerequisites and is ideal for:
- Anybody keen to enrich their own existing data resources by combining them with a wealth of externally available data
- Those who want to visualise and present data to drive decisions (e.g. consultants, product managers, marketers) without having to rely on their data team
- Working professionals who want to enhance their career prospects or land a promotion with in-demand data and python skills
- People with coding or data experience who are keen to boost their tech career potential with a specialist data visualisation skillset
- People inexperienced with data analytics and Python, keen to establish if it is a career path that suits them
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi scored 5 out of 5, as rated by our students.
“Exactly what I needed”
Always friendly and welcoming! The community at Academy Xi and the environment they create for learning and expanding your horizons is exactly what is needed when you are looking to gain new skills. For me the courses were an adventure and investment in my development I'll always value and have gained immensely from.
“I am very happy with the progress I made throughout the course and the cohort lead was a fantastic help throughout”
The outcome I couldn’t be happier with. It certainly exceeded my expectations. I was able to find work relatively quickly after the course ended, and the pay grade was more than I had anticipated. The highlight of the course for me was that Academy Xi assigned me a mentor. She is fantastic and we’ve remained in contact after the course finished. She has been so helpful and has so much industry knowledge and contacts. The course itself was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do, but rewarding all the same. I am very happy with the progress I made throughout the course and the cohort lead was a fantastic help throughout.
“The course structure was the main reason I chose Xi - mixing theory in a clear succinct fashion, continuous practical application of project work and ongoing collaboration with our classmates and mentors”
The course structure was the main reason I chose Xi - mixing theory in a clear succinct fashion, continuous practical application of project work and ongoing collaboration with our classmates and mentors. The fact that we move through the entire end to end design process in a rapid yet structured fashion with weekly outputs was a huge bonus. It allowed me to clearly see the evolution of my project overtime before the final showcase.
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.