43 weeks, part-time
Land a job in Software Engineering – guaranteed* and transform your future with this industry leading, career-focussed course.
Businesses require well-rounded Software Engineers with the skillset to build reliable systems that meet user requirements in the most efficient way possible. This course teaches full-stack development skills that serve the full breadth of a business’s needs.
- Enter the course a beginner and land a job after graduation – guaranteed*
- Gain a much in-demand skillset
- Receive personalised employment support and career guidance
- Expand your Software Engineering network and join an active community
A truly comprehensive and supported online course:
- full-stack development skills for increased employability
- Hundreds of hours of content and practical activities
- Tonnes of classmate interaction
- Personalised 1:1 support from your Instructor
- Learn on a state of the art learning platform
Get the practical experience employers are looking for:
- Forget case studies: work on multiple practical projects
- Build your Software Engineering portfolio
- Receive trusted, industry-recognised credentials
A highly collaborative and interactive learning environment:
- Replicate the collaborative approach of a real Software Engineering job
- Cohort-based to connect with classmates, grow together and make lifelong friends
- Delve into specific topics and ask questions to your experienced Instructor
What you'll learn
The course content covers multiple program languages, and includes both front and back-end programming, providing you with full-stack development skills..
- Introduction to programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Storing databases using SQL and ORM (Object Relational Mappers)
- Git tracking for source code management
- Introduction to Ruby – back-end development
- Gain an understanding of HTTP and build your own servers with Rack
- Master programming fundamentals with Sinatra
- Learn how to build apps with Rails
- Gain exposure to REST (Representational State Transfer), MVC (Model-View-Controller), HTML Forms, ERB (Embedded Ruby)
- Debugging and tracking down issues in code.
- Put the language to work
- Learn the Document Object Model (DOM)
- Building front-ends with React and Redux
- Using Redux as a state manager
- Using Rails for back-end JSON APIs
- Writing for HTML & CSS
- Use SASS to create high-quality front-ends
- Define an appropriate project concept
- Build your own application
- Instructor feedback
Who this course is for
This course is specifically designed for students aspiring to land a coveted role in Software Engineering. It is ideal for:
- Anyone looking for a career change
- Students who want to acquire a job quickly without going to uni/college
- Students who want a highly supported learning experience
- Anyone interested in becoming a Software Engineer or applying the discipline to their existing role or business
- Anyone who wants to learn full-stack development
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 5 score out of 5, rated by 0 students.
“Academy Xi was instrumental in securing my dream role”
Academy Xi was instrumental in securing my dream role, so a big thank you to my instructor and my teammates! This course will expand your portfolio, your network and expose you to some amazing like-minded people. Be collaborative, inquisitive, open about your passions and you will get a lot out of studying with Xi.
“The courses were an adventure and investment in my development”
Always friendly and welcoming! The community at Academy Xi and the environment they create for learning and expanding your horizons is exactly what is needed when you are looking to gain new skills. The courses were an adventure and investment in my development I'll always value and have gained immensely from.
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.