I took the Digital Marketing course at a stage where my startup was ready to scale and I found the course extremely beneficial. The course was practical and struck a great balance between breadth and depth of topics. The instructors took time to understand each student’s project/objectives, and provided tailored instruction. I also really enjoyed the collaborative classroom setting—I learned a lot from my fellow students. The instructors were brilliant and passionate and the Academy Xi family were extremely supportive. I would highly recommend this course to anyone ready to execute their idea or grow their startup.
10 weeks, part-time
8 Feb 2021 - 16 Apr 2021
Complement your professional expertise and boost your career with in-demand skills in Digital Marketing.
The demand for skilled Digital Marketers is rising exponentially in Australia – with a hiring trend 32% above average and over 61,000 roles on offer each year. This online course will equip you with a solid toolkit of Digital Marketing frameworks and techniques, so you can run effective digital marketing campaigns and implement new skills immediately in your current job.
Earn trusted and recognised credentials:
- 3 world-recognised Certifications* from Facebook and Google
- Our courses are trusted by employers and organisations around Australia
- Receive a 20% discount on ADMA courses
Packed with industry-relevant content:
- Up to date with the latest platforms and tools
- 60-80 hours of content and activities along 10 weeks
- Premium material built in-house by experts
- Get an introduction to UX Design, Artificial Intelligence and Product Management
A highly supported experience:
- Fortnightly live video sessions with mentor and classmates
- 1:1 sessions with your mentor for tailored support
- Entire teams dedicated to your support
The best way to learn is by doing:
- Get practical experience that you can immediately use in your job
- Create a Digital Marketing strategy and campaign
- Understand how to use Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Trends and Google Data Studio
- Build your portfolio on a project of your choice
A social and collaborative learning environment:
- Cohort-based: go through the course at the same pace as all other students
- Collaborate with your classmates on Digital Marketing projects, grow together, and make lifelong friends
*All Certifications are optional. Additional fees apply for the Facebook Certification.
This course takes approximately 60-80 hours over 10 weeks. This timeframe includes getting through the learning materials, attending live video sessions, participating in 1:1 mentoring sessions, completing the course activities, developing your personal project, and communicating with your peers and mentor.
What you'll learn
Understand the Digital Marketing landscape and how it drives business strategies and practices across industries. You’ll start to understand how and where to target your audience. Here you’ll explore:
- Digital Marketing and its concepts
- Behavioural psychology
- Customer acquisition vs. retention
- Week 1 project tasks
Gain knowledge of how to construct and execute a Digital Marketing strategy using key tools and channels.
- Ad Rank & Google Quality Score
- Keywords and keyword research plan
- The ‘pay-per-click’ advertising model
- Ranking factors, link building and keywords
- Week 2 project tasks
- Social media
- Programmatic display advertising
- Marketing automation (email, SMS, social media)
- API integration
- Week 3 project tasks
Learn how to use content to maximise growth and brand awareness. You’ll understand the difference between content writing and content marketing strategy.
- Content marketing
- Content planning
- Content production (audio, video and written)
- Content distribution and outreach
- Week 4 project tasks
Discover the ins and outs of creating a Digital Marketing strategy and a campaign.
- Create a marketing strategy
- How strategy guide your activities as the campaign progresses
- Week 5 project tasks
Get an overview of User Experience (UX) Design and Product Management fundamentals and learn about the role each discipline plays in Digital Marketing. Understand your customer and learn UX Design principles to create user-intuitive landing pages and websites that convert.
- Websites, landing pages and conversion rate optimisation
- An introduction to User Experience (UX) and Product Management
- An introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Week 6 project tasks
Become a data-driven Marketer and learn to identify the metrics that matter most. Understand the principles of data-driven analytics through Google and the difference between business metrics and vanity metrics.
- Learn how to monitor the results of your campaign through a variety of metrics.
- Collecting data and reporting
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Week 7 project tasks
- Google Trends
- Google Data Studio
- Generate and analyse data-driven insights
- Week 8 project tasks
- Prepare and present your project work
- Week 9 project tasks
Explore how emerging technologies are influencing the future of marketing. Get career guidance tips and finalise your personal project.
- Project milestones: The finish line
- The future of digital marketing
- After your studies
- CV and interview advice
- Submit and present your marketing strategy
- Completion survey
Who this course is for
There are no prerequisites for this course. It is ideal for:
- Anyone looking for a mentor-led, short course in Digital Marketing
- Anyone looking for a practical online course where they can develop a project/portfolio to scheduled deadlines and in line with industry-standards
- Students who want the convenience and flexibility of online learning delivery, with the benefits of regular support in live video sessions
Earn a digital credential
We partner with Acclaim by Credly to deliver digital credentials for our graduates. Digital credentials are a graphical representation of your skills, combined with a description of the knowledge and activities it took to earn them.
Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Our students' success stories
Academy Xi has a 4.2 score out of 5, rated by 2415 students.
“highly recommend this course to anyone ready to execute their idea or grow their startup”
“I’ve been able to incrementally increase my email subscribers by 28%!”
Thanks to the course at Academy Xi, I now implement solid testing, targets and goals in my business. By uncovering what stage a user is in the marketing funnel, I have been able to work towards an appropriate metric. I’ve been able to incrementally increase my email subscribers by 28%!