The Case for Change: A Human-Centred Approach
13 June 2019
6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Academy Xi, Level 3, 45 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Today many organisations are faced with challenges as they transform their operations to deliver a better service and reduce costs through digital innovation.
Some of these challenges include:
- Constantly designing against pain points, without addressing the root cause
- Increasing their technical debt as they over-invest in dated, legacy systems
- Failing to deliver because due to scope change
Human-Centred Design (HCD) is a structured approach for problem-solving that uses customer research to make informed insights and keeps the user at the heart of the solution.
Join UX Psychology Melbourne for a networking and a session by Ricardo Escalon, Director and Founder of Thought Collaborative.
By the end of the session, you will have explored:
- A deeper understanding of the challenges faced in applying HCD in a digital context
- A rapid way to clearly define the problem space and map the customer experience
- Increased confidence in building your case for change with HCD
- At least one more LinkedIn connection
Director, Design Lead at Thought Collaborative Pty Ltd
Ricardo has been helping Australia’s most reputable brands and government departments create delightful experiences since 2004. His career has allowed him to apply his craft to digital products, services, business models, education experiences and social impact projects.
He has a knack for understanding any business challenge and translating into an evidence-based design approach. He prides himself in delivering approaches that have substance; create a journey of empathy for stakeholders; have just enough documentation to allow torch bearers to align their company around the vision and most importantly, deliver change.
Dates and fees
13 June 2019
6:00 pm ~ 8:30 pm
45 Exhibition St,
Melbourne VIC 3000