Research Interview Masterclass
24 August 2019
9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Academy Xi, Level 3, 45 Exhibition St, Melbourne, 3000
Research techniques are a crucial part of a Product or Service Designer’s toolkit. Customer interviews is a technique that has the unique power to unearth the unexpected — from deep insights, to debunking known assumptions and uncovering hidden nuggets of meaning.
Researchers use interviews to validate hypotheses, explore options, and tease out details with confidence and practicality. By speaking directly with customers, researchers are able to identify “unknown unknowns” — precious insights that rarely reveal themselves in surveys, analytics, or other research techniques.
At our Research Interview Masterclass, you’ll mix together theory and practice of various styles of research interviews. Watch live demonstrations and hear stories from two of Australia’s most experienced Digital Product and Service Designers.
What you’ll learn
- Types of research interviews and how they compare with other research techniques
- Differences between formative and summative research and how to adapt interview formats to match
- How to plan your interviews, including number, schedule, duration, recruiting, logistics, and who to bring along
- Contextual interviewing versus out-of-context
- How to juggle structured and unstructured interview elements
- How to capture and process findings
- Troubleshooting common and uncommon interview problems
Who is this for?
- User Experience Designers and Service Researchers
- Product Owners and Product Managers
- Requirements Engineers and Business Analysts
- Marketers and Market Researchers
- Anyone curious
Passionate about UX/ UI? Learn more about how to start your UX career with our industry tips.
UX Designer and Coach
Shane Morris is one of Australia’s most respected User Experience professionals. Since 1991, through consulting, mentoring, and training, Shane has helped organisations create compelling digital experiences. Shane has taught user experience topics around the world and has worked with companies like Microsoft, Lonely Planet, Cochlear, Telstra, Australia Post, Tennis Australia, and Sensis.
Dates and fees
24 August 2019
9:30 am ~ 5:30 pm
45 Exhibition St,