Pitch X - Launch into a new decade
11 December 2019
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
YBF Ventures, 520 Bourke St Melbourne VIC 3000
As the 2010s come to an end, it’s hard to comprehend the meteoric rise of startups, both in Australia and abroad. This time 10 years ago, Uber, AirBnB and Instagram were all in their infancy. Now, they are global powerhouses shaping our societies.
There hasn’t been a better time to jump start your own venture. At Academy Xi together with our partners YBF Ventures and Melbourne Silicon Beach, we’re on a mission to help connect, motivate, and grow startups. As we enter the new decade, we invite you to join us at Pitch X! Selected applicants will be given the opportunity to pitch for a co-founder, investor, mentor or support.
Bringing experts from across the startup landscape, our amazing judges will provide entrepreneurs and the startup community with the perfect pitching platform.
For your chance to pitch you’ll need to answer the following key questions:
- What problem are you tackling?
- What solution are you creating to address this problem?
- What positive impact will your startup have? (social, environmental or other)
Pitch how you want, however, we encourage you to include the following;
- Intro yourself and/or your team
- Talk about the problem you’re solving
- Reveal your solution
- Tell the judges what stage your startup is at and what traction you’ve received
- Outline what you’re pitching for: support, funding, resources etc
A number of selected pitches will be asked to prepare a 90-second pitch. Our judges will choose the top three pitches to progress to the 2nd round.
If you’ve been selected to pitch on the night, you’ll receive notification from our team before-hand, so look out for us in your emails!
For the second round, finalists will have five minutes to pitch and will be able to use a slide deck. The judges will then pick the best in this round to win! We’re lining up some awesome prizes, so stay tuned!
Register to pitch or attend:
Keen to pitch your idea? Submit your application here.
If you’re just interested in attending, reserve your seat below.
- Fixed desks for 2 team members for 3 consecutive months (valued at $4,200)
- 10 weeks part-time Digital Growth Marketing course at Academy Xi (valued at $3500)
- 2 hours marketing review session (valued at $600)
- Fixed desk for 2 team members for 1 month (valued at $2,100)
- $500 credit for any bootcamps or workshops
- $200 credit for any bootcamps or workshops
FinTech | Market Data | Crypto | Strategy | Business Development | Product Management | Digital Assets
Rory is a widely experienced corporate executive, having held senior management, leadership and board roles with a a number of global and national businesses. Lawyer by education, publisher by training and consultant by experience, he specializes in helping clients design and grow their businesses by consulting on strategy, business development, stakeholder management and product commercialisation.
Dates and fees
11 December 2019
6:00 pm ~ 8:00 pm
520 Bourke St Melbourne VIC 3000