UX Design Essentials
15 February 2020
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Academy Xi, Level 3, 45 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
At every stage of interacting with a product, users experience specific attitudes and emotional feedback. If we start the design process by researching and understanding this feedback in order to anticipate possible issues, we can formulate a concrete, productive, and positive user experience. This is the heart of User Experience Design (UX Design).
Our intensive one-day UX bootcamp includes all of the key strategies you’ll need to know – equipping you with an integrated understanding of User Experience Design and its varied applications. As with all of our programs, our approach is a mix of theory and hands-on practice.
Using techniques like Accelerated Design Thinking, Product Vision Exploration, Research Techniques, and Feature Identification, UX Design has become increasingly valuable to employers and businesses as a strategic imperative in the product lifecycle.
Bootcamp learning outcomes:
- Gain an overview of User Experience Design, its history, strategies, processes, and impact in the business world
- Explore the four key UX aspects: usability, utility, accessibility and desirability
- Plan and conduct effective and useful user research
- Analyse your research by learning how to create personas
- Write and lay out a customer journey from end to end
- Sketch your ideas using ideation techniques, product vision, and then move into rapid prototyping to learn more about MVPs (minimum viable products)
- Create a mobile prototype and conduct a usability test on your prototype
Lead UX Designer
Ben Gilmore has over 17 years experience in UX Design and four years of experience in managing Design teams across various industries including telecommunications, health, and education. With a strong passion for his work and a deep interest in Design methodology, Ben’s enjoys Agile and Lean UX and the overall process of product and service delivery.
Dates and fees
15 February 2020
10:00 am ~ 5:00 pm
45 Exhibition St,
Melbourne VIC 3000