Launch into Service Design
07 July 2019
10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Academy Xi, 48 Druitt St, Sydney 2000
Thoughtfully-created experiences and relationships are paramount to making a business’ service user-friendly, competitive, and relevant.
Service Design is the practice of planning and organising people, communications, and material infrastructure of a service – with a focus that stays at the heart of the offering: your customers.
Service Designers are champions of a brand’s customer experience and are responsible for identifying and delivering improvements and organisational change across people, processes, and systems.
If you’d like to understand what it takes to deliver exceptional experiences, come to our one-day bootcamp. Led by industry experts, by the end of the day you will have:
- An overview of Service Design — its strategies, processes, and how it can benefit your team or business
- The ability to comprehend and articulate the difference between User Experience Design and Service Design
- Learn relevant research techniques including 1-to-1 interviews, how to construct stakeholder maps, and Service Blueprints
- Acquired knowledge on the Service Design methodology and ability to pull apart a service into The 5P’s
- Understand how to create a service journey and co-create an ideal service experience
- Test a service vision on real people
- Learn the career pathways and options in the exciting field of Service Design
Design Lead at Metlife
Frances is a customer experience specialist, with experience across service design, organisation design, culture change and project management.
Currently working as Design Lead for global life insurer MetLife, Frances is responsible for developing the strategy ‘Reimagine the future of claims and underwriting’ through a human-centered design process.
Previously, Frances worked at The Customer Experience Company as Design Lead on customer experience and service design projects for government, not for profit and fintech clients such as Optus, Downer, IRESS, NSW Department of Industry, The University of Sydney and Westpac. She has completed a Bachelor of Design with Honours and an Executive Master’s of Arts and Social Sciences degree with a focus on leadership, innovation and project management.
Dates and fees
07 July 2019
10:00 am ~ 4:30 pm
48 Druitt St,