Mixed Reality Essentials
16 February 2020
10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Academy Xi, 48 Druitt St, Sydney 2000
Mixed Reality (MR) Design encompasses components of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) by merging the real and the virtual world to create new environments and visualisations. MR is transforming the way we experience the world around us and presents a wide range of applications and vast potential for impact.
With high-energy, hands-on applications, MR offers users within the worlds of VR and AR the opportunity to craft real-world, immersive experiences within industries such as retail, entertainment, health, finance, and government just to name a few.
At our one-day Launch into Mixed Realities bootcamp, you’ll cover:
- An intensive introduction to the MR, AR, and VR industry — the past, present and future
- Understand the role of MR designers, artists, and programmers when creating immersive environments
- Current use cases and applications for MR technology
- An overview of the tools used to create MR experiences (Unity and VRTK)
- A chance to demo some VR and AR technology
- The limitations and commercial possibilities for MR applications
Head of Innovation at Auggd
Paul has over 20 years experience building innovative products across wearable, mobile, and the Internet of Things (I.o.T). Since 2007, he has been at the forefront of Augmented Reality (AR), developing some of the world’s best AR applications for clients that include Universal Studios, Paramount Pictures, Hyundai, Audi, McDonald’s, Telstra, and Laing O’Rourke.
Paul is currently the Head of Innovation at Auggd, a cloud-based CMS that delivers AR and VR experiences into custom-branded applications and enterprise solutions. Previously, he was the Co-founder and CEO of Explore Engage, where he created several breakthrough interactive AR products, including the world’s first integration of AR with the game engine Unity3D and the official Transformers 3: Defend the Earth AR app, which reached over two million global downloads.
Dates and fees
16 February 2020
10:00 am ~ 4:30 pm
48 Druitt St,