Launch into Augmented Reality Design (Melbourne)
02 March 2019
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Academy Xi, Level 3, 45 Exhibition St, Melbourne, 3000
Augmented Reality is poised to innovate the way people engage with businesses, products, and entertainment.Leading innovators in the technology, like Magic Leap, Google, Microsoft and Apple, have set the precedent for the future of AR through investments and strategic moves. Imagine the world that we live in with all the information delivered to you visually, how you want it, the way you want it when you want it.
Bootcamp Learning Outcomes:
- Gain an introduction to Augmented Reality technology, and its history
- Witness demonstrations of use – cases where the technology is being successfully applied across multiple business industries
- Partake in a Live Demo of the Hololens to understand the future of AR, and how the technology will change how we work, play, and communicate in the near future
- Participate in a demonstration of AR in the browser
- Learn about the benefits of markerless tracking with ARkit and ARCore
- Discover major platforms and tools available today for developers and content creators
- Participate in practical workshops and walk through a series of tutorials demonstrating the initial setup of an AR application, including basic implementation using various platforms
- This Bootcamp works primarily with Unity3D for AR Mobile
Senior Experience Designer at Phoria
Samuel is a Senior Experience Designer at Phoria, an immersive technology studio based in Melbourne. Most recently they partnered with Netflix and Our Planet to create an immersive companion experience to the Our Planet series, putting people inside the story to heighten its impact and connection. With partners like Telstra, Google, City of Melbourne and WWF, Phoria has helped define storytelling using spatial computing. Phoria brings characters, data and digital art into people’s worlds using VR, AR and MR, and have had their work demoed at Google I/O.
Samuel also teaches immersive experience design at Academy XI.
Dates and fees
02 March 2019
10:00 am ~ 4:00 pm
45 Exhibition St,