Launch into Virtual Reality Design (Melbourne)
02 February 2019
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Academy Xi, Level 3, 45 Exhibition St, Melbourne, 3000
How do you stimulate a user’s physical presence in a virtual environment? Virtual Reality (VR) Design is the practice of harnessing computer technology along with virtual reality headsets and tools to craft a virtual environment built from images and sounds.
This emerging domain has a wide range of applications and vast potential for impact. Over this accelerated day, we’ve condensed key learning outcomes and take an intensive dive into the fundamentals of VR. Our experienced instructors will help you understand the history and use of VR, what it can do, the commercial application, and the new limits for creativity and technology.
Our courses are hands-on and high-energy with engaging and immersive challenges, equipment demonstrations and user experience best practice. Our immersive one-day bootcamp is the best place to start for anyone seeking VR experience.
Bootcamp learning outcomes:
- An intro into the VR industry; its past, present, and future
- Understand the differences between VR designers, Artists, and Programmers, and the role of each in constructing an immersive virtual environment
- Insight into the necessity of Design in VR
- What is VR’s most relevant low-hanging fruit, and what can you tackle first?
- Current use cases for VR
- Discover the application of VR design, with examples of good and bad design in Archery Games
- The tools used to create VR
- Get some VR Freeplay Demo time! Try out the different hardware and different types of VR games so that you can identify key differences in user experience
- The limitations of AR/VR — and what considerations for VR Design you’ll have to factor in
- Plus more!
Dates and fees
02 February 2019
10:00 am ~ 5:00 pm
45 Exhibition St,