Intro to Data Science and Analytics Workshop
13 May 2019
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Academy Xi, 48 Druitt Street, Sydney 2000
Research suggests that 90% of all data in current existence was only created in the last two years. With Moore’s Law indicating that computing power doubles almost every two years, what does this mean for the world of data over the next few years?
Organisations all over the globe are getting ready to harness the power of data through analytics and data science to better understand their customers, create new products, make medical discoveries, and improve everyday life.
At our 3-hour workshop, you’ll learn how to utilise the power of data within your business or organisation. By the end of it, you will have explored:
- Introduction to data and analytics terminologies
- How analytics and data science is applied in different contexts
- How organisations are applying analytics and data science in their day-to-day operations
- Tools and frameworks for analysing vast amounts of information through analytics and data science
- Hands-on experience in solving a business problem using analytics and data science
- Gain exposure to best-practice examples of how to visualise different types of data
Bring your own
- Laptop (with a spreadsheet program installed such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets)
- Pen and notepad (for general notetaking)
Data Science and Analytics Partner
Felipe is a leading advanced analytics and data science partner, working with teams in a range of different organisations and helping them build, manage and enhance their data science and analytics capabilities. He has a unique combination of in-depth technical expertise and many years of business experience - making him a valuable partner to organisations that need help bridging the gap between the technical and business worlds. Felipe is also an analytics instructor with experience disseminating practical and actionable data infrastructure, cloud, analytics and visualisation techniques in both classrooms and online settings.
Dates and fees
13 May 2019
6:00 pm ~ 9:00 pm
48 Druitt Street,