Dive into the World of Data Science
13 March 2019
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Research suggests that 90% of all data in existence today was only created in the last two years. As the amount of data produced and consumed by us exponentially increases, what does this mean for the world of data over the next few years?
Organisations all over the globe are harnessing the power of data through analytics and data science to better understand their customers, create new products, make medical discoveries, and improve everyday life.
At our 3-hour workshop, you’ll learn how to utilise the power of data within your business or organisation. By the end of it, you will have explored:
- Introduction to data and analytics terminologies
- How analytics and data science is applied in different contexts
- How organisations are applying analytics and data science in their day-to-day operations
- Tools and frameworks for analysing vast amounts of information through analytics and data science
- Hands-on experience in solving a business problem using analytics and data science
- Gain exposure to best-practice examples of how to visualise different types of data
Bring your own
- Laptop (with a spreadsheet program installed such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets)
- Pen and notepad (for general notetaking)
Data Science and Analytics Partner
Felipe is a leading advanced analytics and data science partner, working with teams in a range of different organisations and helping them build, manage and enhance their data science and analytics capabilities. Felipe has a unique combination of in-depth technical expertise (including developing code and programming in analytical tools) and a high level of business experience with over a decade working in marketing, research and business strategy. Felipe is also an analytics instructor with experience disseminating practical, actionable analytics and data visualisation techniques in both classrooms and online settings. When Felipe is not partnering with clients or helping students, he’s a research candidate in Learning Analytics at The University of Sydney. Alongside all this, Felipe is also a blogger, writing regularly on a wide range of topics including predictive analytics, statistical learning and data visualisation.
For more, visit: feliperego.com.au
Dates and fees
13 March 2019
4:00 pm ~ 7:00 pm