Designing for Blockchain
14 September 2019
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Academy Xi, 48 Druitt Street, Sydney 2000
Blockchain has attracted a lot of media attention in recent years, most commonly in the form of cryptocurrency. As applications of the decentralised ledger technology increase, this provides a wealth of opportunity to anyone looking for a career in this space.
So what opportunities exist for human-centred designers, product managers and anyone looking to expand their skillset and expertise?
Come to our two-part workshop and discover where a career in Blockchain Design could lead you.
In this first workshop, we’ll explore:
- The background and history of blockchain technology
- Design considerations when creating a blockchain solution
- An introduction to decentralised design frameworks
- UX analysis of decentralised products, services, and network
To get the most out of our sessions, we recommend some self-learning between the two workshops. It’s a a great opportunity for you to apply your learning by working on a mini project. This self-learning task consists of:
- Reading up more about blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and decentralised apps (DApps)
- Create a value proposition design for a decentralised business model
- Create a user journey within a decentralised network, product, or service blueprint (or enhance an existing blueprint / ‘as is’ blueprint)
- Create a mockup or wireframe of a decentralised experience (or enhance an existing experience)
Sign up to part two of this workshop here.
Design Principal at ConsenSys
Michael is Design Principal at ConsenSys - the world’s leading blockchain venture production studio. With over 10 years of design experience, spanning startups, corporates, games studios and blockchain projects, Michael is a pioneer and practitioner of Decentralised Design (DCD) methodology and Decentralised Experience (DX) Design. Michael also lectures at UTS in Blockchain studies and associated technologies.
Dates and fees
14 September 2019
10:00 am ~ 4:00 pm
48 Druitt Street,