Innovation Leadership: Linking Design Thinking and Agile Delivery
01 October 2019
5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Academy Xi, Level 3/45 Exhibition St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Known as a type of mindset, agile is a widely used approach to problem-solving where teams iterate towards optimal outcomes by developing new solutions incrementally, with a strong emphasis on collaboration.
Despite its rising popularity, many companies are finding that agile alone does not always lead to impactful solutions as it fails to consider whether businesses are solving the right problem all together. Because of this, companies have increasingly sought to complement agile with design thinking, which is a human-centred design process that innovates based on customer and stakeholder input. This allows businesses to consider what problem they should solve prior to engaging in the agile problem-solving process.
At our workshop ‘Innovation Leadership: Linking Design Thinking and Agile Delivery’ we’ll cover:
- The difference between an Agile mindset, values, principles & practices
- Understanding key agile delivery activities and roles
- Identifying patterns which align Design Thinking, UX and Agile delivery to create exceptional customer outcomes
- How to use story mapping to seamlessly transition from discovery to execution
- The artefacts and practices which enable Lean Governance (such as portfolio visualisation and Lean Canvas)
- How to talk to executives and senior leaders about the business case for design thinking and agile ways of working
Director of Strategy at SKILLFIRE
Tim is a curious wrangler of work systems and can’t bear the thought of clever people being held captive in a ship drifting towards irrelevance. Purpose driven leaders reach out to him for his far side perspectives and experience in facilitating change across organisations. The hope of said change is to bring strategy to life while reinvigorating their people’s connection with it.
His day job is the Director of Strategy at SKILLFIRE, a purpose driven Agile and Innovation consulting collective based in Melbourne Australia. SKILLFIRE exists to level up leadership while establishing organisational alignment to create incredible customer outcomes.
Dates and fees
01 October 2019 ~ 01 October
5:30 pm ~ 8:30 pm
Level 3/45 Exhibition St,