Advanced storytelling techniques for innovation
14 August 2019
9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Academy Xi, 48 Druitt Street, Sydney 2000
Offer available 9th August: 2nd ticket for half price, reach out to [email protected] / 1300 683 923
Harnessing the power of innovation and storytelling produces collaboration, creativity and a shared vision for the future. So how does storytelling create value for the greater good of our projects, organisations and teams?
By creating a connection between empathy and innovation through storytelling, designers are able to step into the shoes of users and create solutions that not only meet their needs, but also delight them. But what exactly does this process involve, and how can you harness empathy to solve problems?
Come to our one-day workshop and find out!
Our workshop will fall into two parts, and with each part exploring:
Storytelling framework training
- An understanding of the sticky message formula
- Create a connection-centric focus with the Audience First© Storytelling Methodology
- Learn the storytelling framework that provides empathy touch points within the entire double diamond process
- Unlock the power of creativity to inspire divergent thinking and story-driven collaboration
- Gain the knowledge to use storytelling as a proper tool in the double diamond process
Storytelling output training
- Educational aid: what is changing or different for internal communications
- A framework for ‘pitching ‘ ideas for presentations to sell or create buy-in
- Creating a connected road map for the innovation journey, stories of where we have been and where we are going
- Design fiction: a way of exploring the future, creating science fiction style stories to illustrate what it feels like to arrive in an ideal future
Lead Storyteller at Spendlove and Lamb
Megan Davis, Lead Storyteller at Spendlove and Lamb, has been crafting narratives in Melbourne and around the world since 2012. Spendlove and Lamb specialise in narrative strategy and storytelling frameworks for innovation. Megan has been developing the craft of storytelling since she debuted on stage at the tender age of seven years old. Putting empathy first in business and life, Megan loves sharing her knowledge by speaking, training and consulting on projects that are changing the world.
Dates and fees
14 August 2019
9:30 am ~ 4:30 pm
48 Druitt Street,