Our new online course is designed so students acquire a solid grounding in the principles and practices of User Experience Design and complete the creation of a portfolio piece.
This course will require between 30-50 hours to complete which covers all of the core principles and techniques that students need to know in a flexible and online format.
Students build their knowledge, expertise and competence via applied learning and industry case studies. Students benefit from updated course materials and a refreshed interface, including more original content and a more closely facilitated experience. Our industry expert tutors and mentors provide support throughout the course.
This course is for
- There are no prerequisites required for this course! Students can pick up UX Design from a variety of professional and learning backgrounds and is open to anyone wanting to learn more about User Experience for professional or personal development.
- Start today and gain industry-relevant UX skills at your own pace! This updated course is designed for students who prefer to learn flexibly on-the-go and can be studied around existing professional and lifestyle commitments.
- Ideal grounding in this professionally in-demand skill set. Students can choose to expand on their learning by creating a fuller body of portfolio work or deepen their practice and skills with an advanced course as suits their career goals.
What you will learn
This course covers:
- Introduction to User Experience Design
- UX Principles and Process
- Introduction to Research
- Research Techniques
- Data and Identifying Patterns
- Empathy Mapping
- Customer Journey Maps – Basic and Detailed
- Setting the Vision
- Introduction to Service Design
- From Strategy to Concept
- User Flows and Stories
- Prototyping and Wireframes
- Usability TestingInformation Architecture and Navigation
- Form Design, Search, and Accessibility
- Transitioning into User Experience Design
- Preparing a portfolio piece
This flexible, online course enables graduates to add valuable techniques to their career toolkit, making them more employable with in-demand skills. Completing this UX Design course can progress into a career as a:
- UX, Experience or Interaction Designer
- CX Designer
- User Researcher
- Information Architect
- Product Designer