Academy Xi’s new online course is an ideal way for you to learn the fundamentals of product management in a flexible, self-paced and online format.
Product Managers are in high industry demand with over 18,000 roles advertised in Australia (Seek) and an average salary of $110,000 (Glassdoor). By aligning a company’s objectives with market needs, Product Managers are a vital component of any organisation’s success and sit at the center of all activities.
In our Product Management Foundations online course, you’ll learn the key skills and techniques to drive and produce successful digital products and services, build a product strategy, oversee the product design phase, and much more.
You’ll also get hands-on experience by applying your product management skills to a personal project, solve your own digital challenge, or launch your own digital feature.
It will take you approximately 30 hours to complete this course.
Why study with us
A fully flexible learning experience
Go through the topics anytime, anywhere and learn at your own pace, in a manner that suits your lifestyle.
Work on your personal project
Work on a real digital problem of your choosing throughout the duration of the course, and get it reviewed by an instructor.
Powerful content and additional resources
Access an abundance of resources on our learning portal, as well as optional reading resources if you want to learn even more.
The best teaching the best
Our course is designed and supported by leading industry experts with extensive experience.
Learn by doing
Our courses blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills throughout each topic.
This course is for
This course has no prerequisites and we welcome students from all levels and professional backgrounds.
This course is ideal for:
- Business owners and startup founders looking to learn the key skills to effectively launch their product.
- Working professionals such as Business Analysts or Project Managers looking to move into product management or to boost their skillset in their existing role.
- Independent learners who want to explore the fundamentals of product management at their own pace, around their other work or personal commitments.
- Anyone who can’t make it to one of our campus locations.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will understand the core concepts and principles of product management, including:
- Product storytelling
- Managing product stakeholders
- Understanding the problem and the user
- Designing solutions
- Product strategy and roadmap
- Tools and delivery methods
- Launch and on-going management
- Measuring success
- Financial modelling
Our approach blends theoretical and practical exercises throughout the course. At the end of every topic, you’ll complete activities and build assets which will form the basis of your project presentation. At the end of the course, an instructor will review your presentation and provide structured feedback on what you have done well and ways you can improve.