Guest Writing for the Xi Blog
At Academy Xi, we believe in changing the world through design. Our blog focuses on UX Design, Service Design and Virtual Reality Design. If you’re passionate about any of these topics and share the same vision as us, join us as one of our contributing writers.
If there is a topic you would like to contribute your blog post or article on, please send us a paragraph on the topic you’re passionate about, and include any previous blog posts or articles you have written before. We’re excited to collaborate with you!
Generally, all our blog posts or articles follow the following format, however, we are open to all and other forms of writing as well, subject to approval. The article should be a digestible, 5-10 minute read.
- Backgrounding: In this section, you can write about your background and how this ties in with the article you will be writing about.
- Intro: The introduction summarises the main message of the article, and the main points to come.
- Main points: This is the body of the article. We try to maintain it to a minimum of at least 3 main points, with supporting references.
- Takeaways: We like to leave our readers points or directions they could action, hence “takeaways”. It is important that we write articles that not only offer industry knowledge reading but also actionable information and shareable content.
Questions to Consider
- What do you want to share with our readers?
- Who is the audience?
- Our audience is mainly creatives, UX designers, new tech/digital professionals and enthusiasts
- How did you learn about the topic you are writing about?
- What other blog posts or articles have been written on this topic?
- What case studies can you include to support your main points?
- Length: Our blog posts and articles aim to be long-form at a minimum of 1,000 words.
- PoV: We welcome both 3rd and 1st person point of view, however 3rd person is the preferred format. If writing about a personal experience, 1st person is the best approach.
- Research: All blog posts or articles should refer to research or case studies where applicable to support expert opinions or knowledge pieces. Links should be provided to references if they were made by someone else. For personal experiences or case studies, please provide your own references of practice.
- Show, don’t tell: Rather than telling the readers, (for example) “content audits are important,” we ask that authors show us through examples. Tell a story about a time that creating a content audit made a difference in the course of a project.
- Sales and promotional pieces will be disapproved: However, if our contributing writers want to write about their service or product, we encourage to share the user-centered thinking behind that service or product. We also give complete credit and reference to our contributing writers on the header of their respective article.
All submissions need to be emailed to us at [email protected].
The Fine Print
Drafts will be submitted to Academy Xi’s Blog for editing and approval. Once published, you grant an exclusive, royalty-free license to Academy Xi to publish your article online. You consent to the full article, extracts, samples or examples from it appearing in other sites, products, and services that Academy Xi may publish to. Republishing the article, must reference back to the original post on Academy Xi’s Blog.